Ph dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph dropping

I am running an automotive system withe a gravity fed reservoir my nutrients ans ph measures 5.8 and 1.8 but within a couple of hours of it going into the automotive the ph drops to 5.3 and ex rises to 3.2 can anyone help

By 'automotive' I'm assuming you mean automatic? If not, please let us know what you mean. That description sounds a bit like like an autopot system. How big is your reservoir? What's your grow medium? the 5.8 PH would be OK for coco. What are you using? Have you tested the PH of your water before adding your nutes? You should know that number. For me, tap water is 7.1. I'm adjusting the PH downward most of the time. Do you have to add PH up or down to get the PH to 5.8? BTW, what are you using to adjust the PH?

What does the 1.8 signify? Is that the EC of your nutrient solution? What brand/kind of nutrients are you using? Is your reservoir aerated? Using a small pump timed to run a few minutes a few times a day will def help stabilize the PH. I wouldn't use an air stone. I ended up buying a PH controller to stabilize the PH. When are you measuring the PH of your nutrient solution? Have you added all of your nutrients to the water before you test? Gives us some details.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

If the pH in your nute tank is not stable then you need to work out why.

I run an automated feeding/watering system here and have run into problems in the past with pH instability. It needs to stay at the same number between refills.

It is likely the nutrients and additives you are using are not compatible as it was in my case but it can also be caused by algae in your tank. If you are running a hydro setup with return then thats a different story and complicates things a bit more.

I no longer run an airstone as I don't need one and that only adds to the instability of the pH in the tank.

What medium are you growing in?
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X