Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Honey Cream Indica

Hi there!

Some issue with this Honey Cream Indica, about a month before harvest with only using the original concentrate from Nature's Living Soil, for both plants, always watered at pH6.5, 2 liters of water every 2 or 3 days for 5 gallon bag.
    A week ago thinking it was a deficiency I add 15ml of nuts Botanicare.

Not sure if it's a deficiency though, and only one plant is like that

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hard to tell but it looks like its flowering. If so its normal for the leaves to do that. Its in the fall of its lifespan. Nice grow !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

Still a month out, well it's dying back. I'd say you have a magnesium deficiency if the higher/newer leaves are yellowing in from the edges but the lower leaves are still green. If they turned yellow from the bottom up then I'd say it's normal die back from an N deficiency that occurs when the end is nigh.
      Edit. Bottom up is magnesium characteristic also. Potasium def can also look similar.
      Last edited by Bluey; 01-21-2024, 12:43 PM.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Yes I think it's too early for the leaves to turn yellow. As for the magnesium why the tips are curling up and burned? And there is no improvement since I add the Bloom nuts from Botanicare which contains magnesium. Is it possible to have nutrients burn only with living soil?
        Or perhaps because I use pH down (Earth Juice) since my tap water is around 8.5 there could be an accumulation of crystals in the soil?

It looks like this strain has a short blooming period so it might be only 2 or 3 weeks from now to the harvest, I think I won't add anything else except plain water with some molasse, I will post pictures before harvest.
        Last edited by Fujihiro; 01-21-2024, 02:53 PM.

Comment

After removing the yellow leaves I'm ready to harvest in a day or two but I won't use the concentrate from Nature's living soil anymore, the buds didn't fatten properly and since I don't know the quantity of nuts like the regular liquid ones I still can't figure it out if it lacked nuts or if it's overfed. Next time I'm back to the liquid Botanicare nuts...

Does it make sense with a "organic" soil to send a sample for make sure there is no too much nuts? Like using this https://www.mysoiltesting.com/ ?

Thanks

Comment

Have you ruled out light burn?
            Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
            Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
            Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I have only a Mars Hydro 150W and the minimal distance should be 12", I setup mine at 15" so I think it can't be a light burn. I think I will send a sample of soil just by curiosity.

Comment

15 inches probably is light stress.

Here's a par map for the 2022 model at 16" in a 2x2 tent, credit to MIGRO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240129_100606_YouTube.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	612903

Try raising your light a couple of inches and see if things improve.

Comment

Thanks interesting website, it's too late for this grow but for the next one I will definitively add few more inches!
                  I will post the results of the soil testing probably next week.

Comment

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's not too late to raise them. The buds will probably exhibit light and fluffy with some minor regrowth if you don't. Light stress does lower yields

• Fujihiro
                    Fujihiro commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Some buds at the top have already some amber trichs but not the ones under, I can push one more week sure. I got some of their "girl flower power" I could add some with unsulferated molasses but it's risky just before harvest I can't be 100% certain it's a lack of nuts.

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can stagger your harvest.

I'd be focusing on lifting the light a bit (reduces nit only light stress but also nute deficiency) and lowering day time temps

pH 6.49 5.8-7.0 Optimal
                  Total Nitrogen (N) 13.05 32.0-60.0 Low
                  Nitrate (NO3-N) 2.27 - -
                  Ammonium (NH4-N) 10.78 - -
                  Phosphorus (P) 30.52 8.0-20.0 High
                  Potassium (K) 84.93 38.0-80.0 High
                  Sulfur (S) 75.79 7.0-22.0 High
                  Calcium (Ca) 136.9 80.0-320.0 Optimal
                  Magnesium (Mg) 37.27 27.0-70.0 Optimal
                  Sodium (Na) 29.15 0.5-30.0 Optimal
                  Iron (Fe) 2.4 3.0-10.0 Low
                  Manganese (Mn) 0.98 4.0-10.0 Low
                  Zinc (Zn) 0.19 0.1-0.25 Optimal
                  Copper (Cu) 0.02 0.06-0.3 Low
                  Boron (B) 0.04 0.2-0.6 Low
                  So after the harvest I sent a soil sample and this is the result.
                  Last edited by Fujihiro; 02-08-2024, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Mollisol
                    Mollisol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's really cool analysis. What did the lab charge you?

• Fujihiro
                    Fujihiro commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes that's cool I paid $29.99 from Mysoiltesting.com.
                    I guess the yellow leaves was mainly due to the lack of N and maybe a bit of light stress also...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X