• Show
Clear All

Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	curly 1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	611936
    II found a single seed from one of my outdoor GSC plants this season and decided to try
    my hand at an indoor grow. Everything has been going relatively well until the past few
    days when I began to notice that all my new growth seems to be kind of twisty looking.
    I've been pretty much an outdoor grower so this under the light farming is new territory
    for me and I'm not sure if this twisty thing should be of concern. I germinated it about 5
    weeks ago in a 3 gallon plastic container with living soil. I'm using a KingLED light source.
    When it's a nice day I will put it outside in the sunlight. With the natural light and LED it's
    getting about 15 hours each day. This twisting came shortly after giving it a watering of
    worm casting tea so I'm suspicious that it may possibly be an overabundance of nitrogen
    because it shortly thereafter became an unnatural dark green. If any off you have any
    thoughts about what might be going on they would be much appreciated.

The colour in the pic doesn't look like N toxicity to me. I'd expect it to be dark green and its not showing that.

The leaf bulging, or whatever it is called, that we can see I associate with a little bit of over watering but this has never slowed mine down or caused problems.

I'd check your environment. High VPD may be associated with what we are seeing but I can't be sure.

I'd say watch them closely every day and if things deteriorate then you will be able to diagnose better but all in all I wouldn't say you have a problem at this stage. They look pretty good.

Edit. I see the curling you are referring to on the new growth. I associate that with a bit too much heat or light. It'll probably just go away as the plant becomes more mature and tolerant to greater light levels.....it could be because of the indoor/outdoor movement and the difference in light and environment is shocking it a little.
    Last edited by Bluey; 01-14-2024, 12:44 AM.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

How close is that light?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I should have mentioned that the twisting is occurring on all of the new growth, upper and lower branches, so I wouldn't think it's light proximity.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm agree with SoOrbudgal

Not only the twisting new growth but the water leaves drooping like that tell me the light intensity is too much. I would back off the light for a few days and see if the plant bounces back. Let the media dryback some also.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        It's pretty normal for me to see twisting of new growth like that on my girls. I'm not sure it is a problem

That is the usually color and shapes I get when it starts a stretch to close to my light. Doesn't take long to change after a adjustment. Some strains I've grown do it till they are topped. Then both tops do it till flower stage. Just my experience

Comment

Here is one that is getting over the curls. It usually tells me to de-fol, re-pot, top and or check light levels and distance. Photos have been this way from my experience. Autos i just plant and water, LOL This one is a little wet to. Just got a watering. Leaf curl.
        Attached Files

Comment

Russet mites possibly. But if it grows out of it might just be a genetic thing.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            It seems to have grown out of it. Looks fine now. I was probably just being overly cautious because I have little experience growing indoors.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X