Odd insect and gnarly leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd insect and gnarly leaves

Thank you for accepting me to this forum! I am not a newbie to growing but have never come across this before. I currently have three plants, wedding pie. They were gifted to me as clones. I started to notice growth issues and found tiny little worms in the veins of leaves. I can't get a picture of the worms but the little bugger I did get was dead on the leaf after I sprayed them with Organishield. This picture was taken through a loupe and the bug was about the size of a gnat. Google is telling me it's a wasp!?! My new growth is looking gnarly now but only on one plant. My other two ladies are fine. My set up is all ac Infinity, I use roots organic lush soil and nutrients used are Jack's and bloom city. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Formally SucraShield have not used it myself and could not find anything that stated it is safe on buds, but decays in like 5 days. Did find something that said safe under lights (I would say turn them off anyway).
    Good luck,
    some info below for those that wish for more.

Comment

Are all of them effected with that bore worm? Did those come from a outdoor grow?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you for the replies! I have only spotted the worms on only that one plant. Maybe I should remove it and take the loss??? Also going to try an organic spray that contains thyme and peppermint oils. Thoughts?

Comment

I forgot to add, no they were not grown outdoors but they did travel by car across a few states to get here.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Well i would remove it entirely from the plants that don't seem effected.....yet? There's a virus that's infecting MJ that's being passed around through clones.

That looks like a wasp to me but I do not know of any wasp that has worm larvae. Wasp larvae hatch from eggs into maggots.

There are some parasitic worms that do infect wasps also.

Sorry I can't be of much help.
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Looks like Thrip to me... nasty little bug.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X