As I build it! I question it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I build it! I question it??

Hello to all my green fingered friends !!!! I have a very simple question. I built a vegetation box that is..... 46 1/2" Long, 28 1/2" High, and 17" Wide..... My question is what type of light do you think would work good for vegetation only in this size space? Also how many plants would you vegetate at a time? Of course I will be using low stress training also. Its a project in the works so any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!!! How would you use the space???

First off I would make sure I have proper drainage for the box BEFORE I add any soil, lots of different techniques for this, find one that suits you. Type of light would be what one can afford. How many plants? I think I would put 4 or 5 in the box. If you have them too close together - their roots will interfere with each other and a dominate plant will take over.
    My $.02.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Led comes to mind first, flat, low heat, got mine about 13" from top of canopy(playing with fire!) that'd leave you with about a foot space for pot and plant if I'm reading this right. Vegetatative length would decide on number of plants, 4 plants max for 2 months veg?
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

First are u growing autos of photos? Autos need to be 1.5sq from another plant and photos well it depends how long u want them to veg. One photo veged from 6months will take 50gals of space roughly. All strains are different. Just some info to think about

Comment

Get as many CFLs as you can arrange inside the box in a flat fashion as high as they can be. I estimate a cupple of plants maybe 3 will fill up that space. Its always easier to lift a young plant to get it closer to the light than lowering the light. Cfl works great in small places because you can put them a cupple inches away witouth any burn. Good luck

Comment

Can u fit a nice t5 set up in there. They have a slim profile. They don't make much heat and they can practically touch the plants without hurting them. And they are cheap to run. I would say 4 or 5 plants in there max otherwise your gonna get real crowded real fast

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!! t5 is gonna be tbe choice, 😃

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X