Help! orange, dry tint to ends of 20 day old plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! orange, dry tint to ends of 20 day old plant

I just started adding nutrients in this week (Thursday), but there was some slight presentation of the problem around the edges before that.
    I put 3 ml (~3/5 of one tsp) into 3 liters of water, when the recommendation was 1-3 tsp to 1 gallon for seedlings.
    The plant with the issue was planted Feb. 6th, so is at day 20 of growth.
    I checked the light by putting my hand over top of the plant and leaving it there for 30 seconds but I felt nothing.
    Strain is blueberry feminized by seedsman.
    They are watered with 6 oz of water at a time, only when the top inch of soil feels dry/ ​

Attached are photos, please let me know if you need anything else.

Hi GTE,

I've grown a few Blueberry Automatics. Is this a photoperiod or automatic? I've found that this strain by any breeder to be extremely fragile. Nutrients should be kept extremely low. What kind of soil are you utilizing? Does it have extended release nutrients added? It's very easy to get nutrient burn on these little girls, do some research on the net, you'll find the same information. I once watered/fed one of my B.B.s only to find in the morning that all the fan leaves had been extremely burnt. I also lost one to overwatering. Any other strain probably would have bounced back. My suggestion is go really lightly on the nutrients. Otherwise, I think she'll bounce back for you.

Peace,

The Nerd

Comment

• GreenThumbedEnt
      GreenThumbedEnt commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a photoperiod plant. This is my soil : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - It shouldn't have any nutrients in it other than what I've added.

Do you ever experience light burn? I'm wondering if that's a possibility.

• DirtyNerd
      DirtyNerd commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi GTE,

I never experienced light burn with a Blueberry. So it's a photoperiod, they're usually a bit more tolerant to nutrients. I still think it's a over feeding issue. This strain can be a bastard to cultivate. I read below about your P.H. Are you P.H.ing your water @ 6.2? Grab a PH pen if you don't already have one. The soil you are using is fantastic. Though a real beautiful plant to cultivate, I kind of gave up on them because of their fragility. Take a Northern Light for instance, I personally found you could do everything wrong and still get a great harvest, go figure. I still have a couple of Blueberry Automatic seed's, but I'll save them for when I have more patience. It's good to hear she's bouncing back though.

Good luck,

The Nerd

whats up Green,

im no expert as i have only been growing for a year myself.

The way i see it, you have 2 possible situations. (1) Nutrient deficiency as you state you fed her with a reduced amount of nutes after about 3 weeks. i dont know because i grow in coco instead of soil but maybe that amount is a bit low and a bit late as the recommendations call for 1-3 tsp. Personally i would have started with at least 1 full tsp and increased it gradually from there.

Or (2) light burn. Mh/hps as well as LED's can burn your plants even without excess heat. Please refer to the article on this very website entitled "PSA: Too Much Light?! by Sirius Fourside for full explanation of this phenomena.

Hope this helps...Good Luck!!

lstkidd420rasta

Comment

• GreenThumbedEnt
      Editing a comment
      I did a low amount because that's what sources recommended on this site to do - approximately 1/2 of whatever it states. Light burn is a possibility which I'll look into though .

Today's GWE newsletter features leaf problems.
    what nutrients? Appears you are in coco/perlite?
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

You state you only water 6 ounces at a time, you need to water enough so you get about 10% of the water running out the bottom. Plus you never said if you tested the waters Ph. The Ph is important, if you can't afford a Ph meter, buy some litmus paper at any pool or spa shop.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

So 20 days in ProMix with no food at all? Watered 6 oz at a time?

I think it needs more food and more water.

Unless the roots are already damaged.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          If your light was too close I would expect the problem to start at the top of the plant, closest to the light.

• GreenThumbedEnt
          Editing a comment
          @Flockshot

Sorry, my last comment was hurried as I was running late to class, and I forgot to add about the timer. I think it was a combo of the light being too low and being too much light. My timer apparently hasn't been functioning properly (It's off time was typically when I was asleep and I was sure outside light from the room or windows wouldn't disturb them.) Blueberry is more fragile and doesn't like that much light, plus the addition of the nutrients and all of the light increasing absorption was creating nutrient burn. SO I was essentially creating a little shitstorm for my plant without realizing until I checked the timer.

I'm waiting on a timer replacement but I've been doing it manually in the meanwhile, and growth has really kicked off again. I trimmed off the leaves with the worst (Should I trim off all leaves with any signs of damage though? ) and I've been checking the more minorly damaged leaves with no signs of the issue spreading/growing.

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          The leaves that are damaged will never recover, but that would not be my reasoning for removing them. I would treat them like any other leaf and decide based on where they are on the plant, and if they are blocking light from a bud site Just my 2c because I don't think it is a big deal one way or the other..

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X