X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Lime green and tips burning

PH- 6.0
    PPM 1029

I do not know why the one plant is lime green and looks like a magnesium deficiency. It is larger than the other plants so I thought it was just more hungry, however, now the tips are also burning. Any ideas of what I can do here?

I am using auto pots and growing in coco coir so I can't flush.
    Attached Files

Are they the same strain or different? Genetics may be part of the equation. Growing in coco/perlite I prefer pH 5.8. You can try a small increase in grow nutes for just a few days. Bumping up the calmag also is an option. Are you feeding from a storage tank? the pH can drift in there when things sit for a while.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with what the above poster says. I had 2 photoperiod do this and nothing i could do fixed it they were still lighter green which did not affect the yield nor smoke. Your grow otherwise looks really good lots of frost on that yellowing one so keep your chin up and try adding or checking that tank.

What are you using for nutrients? Is this plant a different strain from the others? What is your PH in/out? Could be a lot of things or nothing.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

The rear left one looks more like nute deficiency and the rear right one more like nute burn.

The yellowing leaf tips are typically a deficiency and often accompanied with symptoms that are tell tale signs of that.. light green, loss of pigment, etc

Nute burn is typically brown leaf tips.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

So here is an update, I have found spider mites. I am going with using hydrogen peroxide as I can't think of anything else to use during flower. They are all different strains. That was a big mistake in regard to the nutes.

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really a mistake so much as a challenge. I have always grown multiple strains at the same time and always have one "problem child" in the mix. Makes diagnosis a fun challenge if you like that sort of thing. As it is my hobby, it's all fun and every challenge I overcome increases my knowledge.

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Alcohol works. 3 times 3 days apart, and check. 50+ % . Worked for me outdoors. Never had
          a problem indoors.

you will have to consider using something that helps with the roots...I could not find nebulas recommendation (hydra guard) up here, but went with enzyme complete and included it daily so I would not have to flush....(access reason)....i.m.o they look ok..just a note: if you are mixing say floara trio with tap water you are not getting the entire recommended nutes because the tap water usually has a dam good head start on your e.c target...try some r.o water to mix your nutes with...I have same issue with plants not getting as dark as they should, and this was one of the reason I started using r.o water with flora trio.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X