Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pollinated flower, should I harvest early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pollinated flower, should I harvest early?

Hi all, well this is my third grow - GG4 in super soil. This was the best grow yet, until I recently found seeds in the flowers. Must have happened 3 weeks ago, but I found no true herms anywhere. I did find a possible banana on one of the buds closest to the light that I’ve removed (too late).

it’s been about 5 weeks since light flip, and on one plant where the seeds were found the hairs are brown. So my question is - is it worth harvesting early? Or should I just leave it for a couple more weeks in case it’ll get thicker.

I like those buds. They look mostly seedless and healthy but not yet ready., at least 8 weeks in flower I would have thought.
    .Let the seedy bud seed and collect that more feminised seed. Let it go as the others, harvest when the main buds in your pics are ready. Dry for longer the seedy bud. 2 weeks will do it. Late stage hemie, fingers crossed, wont give early stage hermies...if it does throw the early stage away.

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Will the seeds be feminized since it was from a hermaphrodite. Bluey Ive had hermas pollinate other strains also and just discarded them as questionable.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I tend to get more female than male but still can get males. Haven't done it in many years as late stage hermies here are rare unless I stress it badly and push it.

Thanks, I probably won’t keep the seeds to be on the safe side. But I was wondering if a flowers been pollinated it’ll still form thicker buds or not.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd keep both the seed and the bud. Both should be great.

As far as I am aware all cannabis will late stage hermie if conditions are right and it is absolutely fine to grow from those seeds. The genetics of a self pollinated plant are identical to what you originally grew, perfectly identical, a clone.

I have only had this happen once. I discarded the seeds. Probably shouldn't have. The buds didn't look much bigger and after the seeds were taken out it smoked well. It didnt pollenate every part of the plants close by.

Comment

Stay the course. Seeds will not ruin your bud, just slightly reduce the yield.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I have not thrown a seed away since 1981 and would advise against it in these modern times.

Comment

I give away seed and toss what I cant use or give away, just cant grow them all.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X