Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light upgrade?

Hello community,

I was informed that I should/need an upgrade on my light. This is my setup. Tent: 2x2 vivosun complete setup, 4 inch carbon filter duct fan. VS-1000 light.
    medium: coco coir, perlite, vermiculite in 5gl. Pots
    Put into medium 10/09/23 germinated in water.
    A fellow experienced grower suggested I should do an upgrade on my light. My plants are 2 Northern Lights (autos) because they appear to be stunted. At almost 2 months I feel that they should be larger. At least in early flower. He suggested a light from the HLG family. I looked at Spider -Farmer SF-2000. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

These are all good lights, I personally use a Spider Farmer. I think something in the 200 watt size. Make sure what you purchase will actually fit in your tent and that it has a dimmer.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

BTW my nutrients are flora trio with calmag...

Comment

Gotcha thanks....

Comment

What is the distance from light to canopy. What is the temp/humidity within a given 72 hours time. Do you know the DLI, VPD. What is your nutrient / water schedule. Lots of things could be wrong. Gotcha Cool

Comment

Light to canopy is approximately 12" (I'm assuming canopy will be the top of plants). I'm new at this. DLI, VPD N/A, temp average 73-75 nutrients flora trio with calmag and water when my medium is dry on top. About every 2-3 days. Mixing 1 tbl spoon per gallon. 1/2 tbl spoon of flora bloom.

Comment

Oldmangrower is onto a big point there. The sf2000 is sold in a 2x4 and 3x3 configuration. The 3x3 may fit in your tent
              but you should double check. I use a sf1000 in my 2x2 with great results.

Comment

Okay thanks, someone suggested sf-g3000 300 watts. Will that be too much for my 2x2? I don't want to spend money if I don't have to.

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  2 x 2 a 120w for photoperiod is fine.. 100w for autos heaps

If they are Autos and you ain't flowering at 2 months.....maybe they ain't autos!

What's your light schedule?
                Space for Rent.

Comment

Light schedule is 20 and 4...

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Drop your light schedule to 12/12 and see if they start flowering. You may have got yourself some mixed up seeds and are growing Photoperiod waiting for them to auto.

Iv had autos in the past do nothing on 24/0 and 20/4, as soon as I dropped the light to 18 - 14 , or 12 they flowered.

DLI and VPD cannot be N/A. They are two of the main components of growing anything in a tent. Your PH is another aspect that my need attention. The light you have will do fine. Pay more attention to the details of growing basics.

Comment

Can you break that down for me please? I don't understand DLI or VPD sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Steviejee View Post
                    Can you break that down for me please? I don't understand DLI or VPD sorry...
                    For what it's worth (FWIW) nothing to be sorry about people should refrain from using acronyms without first defining them at the beginning of their comments.

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X