The resilience of plants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The resilience of plants!

Today I was twisting some branches and trying to organize a little bit of this scrog and I noticed this one branch snapped then got twisted 360° all the way around completely. But it was still hanging on by a thread and it healed and kept on growing.....
    Plants in general are such amazing forms of life. The will to live is strong💪
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
    🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
    http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Yes they will heal themselves in a remarkable way. Is that a second break in the lower right? If that is from bending, try squeezing the stem to soften it up before bending. That will make it soft and floppy for bending into position and will then heal itself stronger that original.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Yes it's another break. I'm telling you this plant is like a crunchy string bean. The slightest bend and it snaps. The UG next to her is not giving me this many issues. It's kinda my fault. I wasn't expecting to get half inch thick stems. So used to growing in the 5 gallon buckets and they never gave me anything like this!!! Just a curve ball but it'll be fine. They're stretching and just seeing where she goes. Just going to tuck rather than trying to twist into the net. Next time I'll do some pre training when the branches are thinner rather than waiting until they hit the net.

I would probably do something similar to what I did with the white widow. Would be more forgiving with the thick branches and the net rather than trying to do 45 degree bends and twists

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Keep pulling on them if you need too.

All my training is done before I place the net which is not until many weeks after the stretch...seems to work well then use the net for fine tuning of cola placement and just hold them up..yoyos on all the big ones and uncooperative buds hanging below the net.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          I usually wind until about 10 days after I flip to 12 hour lighting anything that grows after that time I just leave it alone. It's not likely to get you stretchy and the canopy will be even for the most part... Then I'll lightly defoliate around day 16 and anything extra that needs to be taken off I'll do around day 24.

It's been a while since I've done a proper SCRoG ago I forgot about using a twist tie to split any square you want in half to help guide stuff that's growing. Rookie mistake.. Glad I remembered it. I think today is day 10 so I'm just going to leave it alone from here on out.

I'm so super pleased with how everything is going. Adding all that calcium to the soil did the trick. Both for the acidity I was dealing with in the peat as well as giving me some great growth. The real test will be Christmas. If the plants are still green and healthy when Christmas rolls around, it will certainly be a success. The blue dream and all the others finished with mild fades unlike others, (the gorilla glue) by the time it "finished" it was leafless. ........ Calcium..... All these years all the stress.....I wasn't adding enough calcium..... Glad I figured it out because it's been smooth sailing so far.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          At first, I assumed the super soil I was using had enough of everything but then I found I got better results of I added dolomite lime to the peat mix and even better results when I added dolomite, ag lime and gypsum to the peat. I tried all different combos with all the blue dream and tangie autos that's why I had such varied results. As well as using bottled cal mag in the clone. I reached full maturity on all those with green leaves still on the plant. I'm curious to see what all the current photos end up doing.
          Only autos is the blue dream which has like 4 days maybe 10 left before I chop her. The other auto is the smallest one the GSC next to the white widow CBD. She's only 21 days old. The CBD is 7 days into 12hr lighting and starting to show flowers. The UG is starting to show flowers. The Mandarin hasn't started flowering yet but very soon

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Fingers crossed.

Glad your grows are improving.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I'm glad too I figured out the issue. It was the same issue at the same time almost every time. It just sucks each grow takes months so it wasn't a quick find and fix.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X