Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mold clones, toss infected or toss entire set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold clones, toss infected or toss entire set?

I had been away from my plants for 3 days and today been fixing up my regular plants when I got to my clones, discovered something a bit disturbing. Unlike my adult plants that have perfect temperature and air flow, I have 4 clone boxes that wouldn't have been an issue except for the fact that I was gone a few days and left the tops on which prevent air flow and keep humidity inside. about 97% of my clones took root really awesomely but then I came to one box that had several fungus infected plants and wondering after I tossed the bad ones into the disposal (I panicked and destroyed the real bad ones before taking pics =( ) if I should throw the entire lot in that one box out or just spray SM-90 and keep them aside a few days to see what happens? The badly infected plants, they looked like the entire plant was put into a cocoon/ or covered in cotton.

Just went through this the other day...kinda pissing me off as i seen to be having a difficult time doing clones. I just threw away some cherry berry because of that same fungus.. almost like it was the root gel because it was shooting out from there if you traced the spore back to the base. So I feel your pain mann.

Comment

I think you did the right thing, Xanthor: the clones you show look straight up gorgeous, though!!! Now you know not to leave the babies alone: they'll get into trouble!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup It was an unplanned hospital stay. When I got back, despite being indoors, the rain we been having not to mention the broken sewer line must of contributed a lot of spores and the fan intake from outside must of brought some inside. I'm surprised only one clone box was effected. I broke open a jiffy pellet to see the roots inside, and it was confirmation enough to not be worth the risk using those clones so in the end, threw out 28 clones. Didn't even save the leafs for my next brownie project. Was worried the mold would spread and ruin what leafs I had saved already. I'm going to bed now, so will transfer the good clones into pots later on today. 22 clones survived and pictures below show some of them. For today, I already removed the domes and put two extra circulating fans inside the 2x4 tent. I'm supposed to be getting a bigger tent by March 1st. And that is as long as the merchant fixes up his goof and sends me the correct one. I bought a 96x48x80 tent which I can put into the shed once my family moves. Due to some weird glitch, when I ordered a new tent yesterday, instead of ordering the 96x48x80, it ordered a 60x60x80. I canceled the order then replaced it again to finally get confirmation the correct tent will be shipped. Only issue was the system kept giving an error and could not cancel the first order, but PayPal put a block on so only the one order that is correct will go through. They did the block for me so the merchant doesn't get the idea to try charging me twice and ship out two. You ever notice if you tell a merchant on ebay to cancel an order they somehow get the notice after they ship, but when they see they won't be paid how fast the cancel the order?
        Oh yeah, one other issue that wasn't to bad was the fact while I was gone, the plants grew into the LED light panels and several plants got damaged. I ended up topping those plants and saving those leafs for cooking later.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man, hope you're ok!! I fuckin hate hospitals!!!! All things considered, you had good luck salvaging 22 clones!! And your big plants look great except for yellow leaves on top (???) I'm sure you'll get it all balanced again. TAKE IT EASY, BRO!!!!

Most of the clones are now dying. The ones that were good. Left the dome off yesterday and had planned putting them inti pots today. Not sure how but temps got into the 90s inside the tent and all the clones now look sick and those white roots brown. I filled the tray with water and sprayed the leafs in hopes this rrstores them.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Were the roots exposed to light? That would kill them.

• Lord-Xanthor
          Lord-Xanthor commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually yes they were. I didnt transplant the jiffy pellets into pots because tomorrow I get the big tent and having to empty out the tent twice would of been wasted time. Despite the roots being dead the plants, at least most of them now that I put a 1/4 inch of water in tray bounced back to health. Figured save most of them leaving them in the tray then using 8 pots and letting 16 die.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Woo hoo!!!! that's good news, Xanthor!!!! Just trim off the brown roots and you will hopefully be good to go!! So glad it wasn't a total loss.

man, sorry to hear that bubba. keep plugging away.

Comment

Today I got home to see a tall box waiting at my door and realize the long wait is over and I can now put up my large tent, and save EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! But, sadly, as soon as I got closer, depression sets in and I now see not only is the box bent partially, but parts are falling out of the side so called UPS to pick the item up. The damage you see, this happens when a UPS loader bricks heavy packages incorrectly so items on top press down causing the box to bend, but with that chunk cut out, and the crushed pole end you see in the picture, this is what happens when the box is clipped by a fork lift. When I worked for UPS years back, my office never used fork lifts. Guess this has changed over the years. Anyway, I contacted the vendor and placed an order for a 2nd one and he is going to refund me for the first when it gets back plus UPS started up a claim as well.
          Just a heads up. If you ever are expecting anything and get a shipment like this, don't ever open it, and don't let the seller con you into doing so too, because the moment you do, a box like this costs over $75 to ship back. If the carrier has already left, call them up and make them pick it back up. If they are there, then refuse it as damaged. This way not only do you not get caught with a shipping bill, you wont have to worry about getting a damaged item or item with missing parts plus if the seller tries scamming you, you just show your bank the refusal and they will do a chargeback.
          Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 03-01-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Good call, Xanthor. How are the babies doing?

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            The regular size ones are actually doing great. I think the best thing to do now before the roots stop growing is to delay putting them in a pot but put them in a solo cup instead. I just did a full count and have 27 clones, not 17 as I thought. I may just toss the sick ones too.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            The Purple One (that's you) saves the day!!!!! So glad to hear it!!!. In my mind, that's lbs. and lbs. of potential bud...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X