Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time growing issues

Hello!
    I'm a first time grower with a really simple setup, I've decided to just give it a go and I'm not looking for top quality yields this time. I'm using basic plant nutrients (Sticks you push down into the soil)
    I have also not checked the ph, I'm using tap water (Sweden) and it's roughly 7. I live by a lake which have some of the cleanest water available in the world

I'm trying to figure what kind of issue this is, but I assume it has to do with the nutrients. I've narrowed it down them possibly being over fed or not enough, I believe someone told me that it does not have enough mobile nutrients? These are roughly 3,5 weeks old at this point!

Any feedback or follow-up questions are welcome, thanks!

(Strains are Banana Purple Punch and White Widow)

First they need a bigger home, the PH for soil would be 6.2-6.5 at this stage, I would get rid of the spike (stick) and read this from the "Plant Problems" section (in the green bar above)
    Leaves with a potassium deficiency have yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. It may look like nutrient burn, but the leaf margins also turn yellow.

Comment

• Griff01
      Griff01 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a microgrow, I can't fit anything bigger than this I'm afraid. I forgot to mention that these are also auto seeds.

What do you mean by the stick? EDIT: I had a brain fart and understand what you mean now

I'll read up on the plant problems, I just have a hard time putting my finger on the problem :/
      Last edited by Griff01; 11-07-2023, 01:26 PM.

What is your medium,I don't see any perlite, looks like orchid bark

Comment

Start here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics You won't get results without knowing what you're doing.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Read up on the main site posts above , and keep a positive attitude.
        There’s nothing wrong with a micro grow or autos, but both those can add to the challenges especially when your learning
        practice practice practice , most of us have been where your at but hang in there and you’ll get the results you want
        KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
        Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
        Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
        Maybe some compost teas
        Blumat watering system
        Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
        3x4x6’ tent
        Photontek 465wpro
        6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
        Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Griff01 - Hej and Valkommen to GWE!

As has been mentioned, the soil you have the plant in is probably not the best. If it is orchid bark it's going to probably impede the cationic processes you want happening in your root zone hence why your plant looks like it is deficient and not uptaking nutrient ions properly is my best guess.

I would transplant into a larger pot, like a 7 or 11 liter pot. Use a cannabis based soil medium like Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog. I use a medium brand called Roots Organic Original.

Use proper watering techniques like the light pot method to know when to water your plant. Cannabis likes a good dryback before watering. They don't like to be overwatered.

Look into salt based fertilizers since this is your first time growing cannabis. I find it easier to correct mistakes with a salt based fertilizer. I like to use a brand of fertilizer from a company called General Hydroponics. I use their Floranova series of fertilizers. I find it to be the easiest to use as it's all in one although you will want to supplement your base fertilizer with some calcium and magnesium also.

Check out the tutorials on the site. Lots of good information to get you to harvest!

Lycka Till!!!!

Comment

You really need to do some homework. Your pots are too small, soil is bad, PH too low, using incorrect nutrients. If you are stuck to this type of grow under these conditions, then you should just hang it up as there is nothing further to say. GWE.com is full of ideas about handling micro grows but you have to read it for yourself. After you read the site, you will have a much better idea as to how to proceed and what questions to ask.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X