Supplementing HPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplementing HPS

Hello fellas, hope everyone is doing well. I’m thinking of supplementing my 600w hps bulb with some bluish/white light this flowering. At first i was thinking some T5s on both sides of the hood, but now i can get my hands on some 250W 7500 K MH bulbs, that i can use with an open reflector and not worry about the UVs being blocked. The bulbs are around 15000 lumens, so it will be 117 000 lumens of light for that 1.2x1.2 space. What do u people think, is it worthy of an upgrade and will it affect the quality of harvest in a positive way ? Thanks 🙏
    Last edited by Malkosashi88; 10-25-2023, 04:42 AM.

The bulbs are 250 W 7500 K, im sorry for some reason its not letting me correct it on the first post.

Comment

Measured in lumen appears fine. Spot on.
      What will the temps be?
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Im still in veg under 600w mh which is brand new and is running a lot cooler than i was expecting. Im exhausting the hood and the tent in another room and atm daytime temperatures are at the most 27-8 C . Considering its still somewhat warm where i live. Last 6 weeks of flowering is when i consider switching to the HPS (which is brand new also) so that will be late november and throughout december. I was thinking that the drop in temps will somewhat compensate for the additional heat from the small MH, but im not sure. I have no idea what amount of heat it generates. Anyone knows by chance 🙏😇

Comment

If you have a 600w HPS bulb, stick with it. That is plenty wattage for flowering. Switch to HPS as soon as you switch to 12/12.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I'd be doing too.
            MH are not very efficient and HPS are the standard for flowering, unless you have LED.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X