I think They're Ready + Worms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think They're Ready + Worms???

I'm thinking these are ready to harvest but wanted to make sure. Also have a few buds that I think worms got to and destroyed because they're dried out and crumbly. Here's some pics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ready.jpg Views:	0 Size:	874.3 KB ID:	607423 Click image for larger version  Name:	ready2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	889.7 KB ID:	607424 Click image for larger version  Name:	ready3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	921.6 KB ID:	607425 Click image for larger version  Name:	worms.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	607426 Is this because of worms?
    Attached Files

I might be wrong but they might be a little on the moist side. Is that budrot i see??? 4th pic

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Sure is. Well advanced too.

I think if you don't find them worms when you broke open that bud it's more like bud rot. When i find worms in bud it's usually right there munching occationally i find them chewing right in the center and i see a very small spot of brown. Do you see any teeny tiny poop balls? It looks almost like flea dirt? If it's been real wet an humid could of been rot.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I know that the plants have never gotten wet from rain, just watering at the base and our humidity is low at around 30% at it's worst. It could be rot, I'll look closer for poop. What do you all think about the other pics, are they ready for harvest?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Geeze i blew them up for a trichchome closeup i see milky which is in the zone for harvest. But i don't know how old these are photo or auto what's the seed site say about how long it grows? If it's a bag seed find then it's close i'd like to see more of the plant. Mine were outdoors from june 12th till just 10days ago and i started them indoors had them 2months prior to going outside. If you got great weather let them go as long as you can and get a jewlers loupe to check the trichs or microscope of some sort. Are the leaves dying?

I looked closer and did not see any poop, must be bud rot. What do I do now?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta cut that out of the bud and check over all that plant for more of it. I throw it away, how could you use it? If it's all through the plant best to harvest it

SoOrbudgal- They are all clones and were hardened when I got them and planted outside the day after mothers day. Here are a few pics of the entire plants The green ones are Shiskberry and the purple ones are a Mac and a Cake. We are suppose to have two days of 83° temps then back down in the 50's after that. I just watered them today so should I wait or harvest now?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7275.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.37 MB ID:	607450
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's another really close up of one, I can't take a pic with my jewelers loupe. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9910.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	928.5 KB
ID:	607452

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          All i'm telling you is from this huge bud shot it looks ready for harvest. I had a all purple plant like yours i harvested 10days ago. Only you can see the true ripeness in person. I harvested the top, middle colas off mine and left the lower parts to ripen further for 7days under cover. I'm in the PNW it's cool an rainy now and i found beginnings of mold/stem rot. When buds get real dense later in the fall the chances of mold then bud rot really happens quickly. Great shot of that last pic big bud yesss sir that looks ready.

I removed top and middle of these last plants do to long rainy days earlier in the month of Oct. I was able to let the bottom halfs ripen more cause i had protection for them. But still with fog or rain in the evenings i harvested the best ripest like yours. I'm burping jars now. Don't take too long to make up your mind that's a beautiful plant you've taken care of for many months.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• TopThumb
          TopThumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Yours sort of look like ours, have you noticed that this years plants seem to be less full than last years? I know last years you couldn't see the stem at all. BTW, if you don't remember, I'm in Medford so our weather is most likely like yours, cooler and wetter.

Sorry forgot we are sorta neighbors LOL. I was in Central Point last weekend with my daughter. Went to that festival downtown Medford. Well i'm getting rather slack on outdoor grows during summer anymore, this year felt like i could'nt get away for more than 2days. You are abit dryer than us couple hrs north. Sure i could of let my biggest go longer but i'm tired of watching them. I gave away probley a LB of pretty good buds on branches, just tired of trimming,hanging and burping jars. My plants did fine, i'm happy with the results and the smoke is fine for me and my friends. I'm cutting back with growing so much just going to provide for me and folks who really aren't able to grow.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Harvested most of the plants leaving just a few lower limbs for a bit longer. I guess we got lucky and only found 4 buds with some rot.

Comment

Sweet, got to love harvest. Wheres me pipe.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X