Nutrient burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient burn

These plants app.3 mo. old. About 2 wks ago the leaves started curling. I thought it was the light to close. As it got worse I kept on reading. Took them out side and flushed them good. As you can see the new growth is looking good. I keep cutting off dying leaves. Been using 12-4-8, 10 ozs. twice a week. Now holding back.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shadycon; 10-20-2023, 02:22 PM.

Nutrient burn causes the tips of cannabis leaves to turn yellow or brown. The burnt tips are the result of too-high levels of nutrients. Learn how to fix it!

Too hot for your cannabis in the grow room? Learn how to save your plants from heat stress with a variety of techniques as well as certain supplements!

Root problems can cause wilting, drooping, nutrient issues, spots & other strange symptoms. Learn the common root problems and how to treat & prevent them.

Take a look at these, I think hey will answer your questions.

Comment

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      I read everyone of them, that is how I came to the conclusion and rinsed the hell out of the soil. Now they are looking better.
      1. that is where I started
      2.Room stays around 70* with ceiling fan and slightly open windows.
      3. I had problems earlier and it was Jiffy pots not deteriorating, Pulled them up, removed Jiffy pots and replanted.
      Still READING and learning this new method of growing. This is not like the good ole days, throw seeds in flower bed and let them grow.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      My fav old school grow was where a cow died and rotted into the ground, farmers loose more cattle than one thinks. But ya, toss the seeds out and go back and kill the males then harvest just before frosts. I like having a patch in my yard!

Yeah, that soil is hotter than Sofia Vergarra. Check your PH, I think you may have an issue there as well. You may have multiple problems making it difficult to figure this out.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      My ph is 7

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL love it !!

That is too high for soil in general. and your plants show it. Part or the reason your plants responded so well after flushing is it probably lowered the PH Yeah, you need to go down to 6.5. You also need to add CalMag.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'm assuming you stating your pH is what your feed solution is going in? 7 should be ok as soil will buffer it down to the proper pH but if you can hit 6.5 even better.

To me it looks like too intense a light. You have the plant by a window so I can't tell if you're just using sunlight or your supplementing with a light. If you're supplementing what size/wattage is your light and how close is it to your plants?

What nutes are you giving it? Dry amendments? Sounds like your giving it Jacks.

If it was nute burn you'd see a lot of the lower leaves also affected but what I'm seeing is mostly fan leaves on the top of the canopy are the ones most affected.

Comment

• shadycon
        shadycon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks everyone for there comments.Well water @ 7 ph. Plants in sun room NE side of house. One 4'/185watt LED Good earth light,14-18" above plants, 16/8 cycle,ceiling fan for circulation,windows slightly open. Jacks at half strength . I'll get some CalMag.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the light at 100%? The light intensity may be burning the top leaves. I suggest you download a free lightmeter and measure how much light your giving the plant.

• shadycon
        shadycon commented
        Editing a comment
        My light meter is showing 5k. No light adjustment, moved to 20-24"'s above plants.

I finally got my GH ph control kit. It got lost in mail. My water is 6.5+/-. Liquid fert. [12-4-8] was 8-9 ph. Corrected to 6, Added calmag 1/2 tsp per gal. I water a little at a time, I don't flood the pots so no run off. I only cut off the dead and dieing leaves.I'm happy with the new growth.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X