Help with dry herb vape / water pipe combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with dry herb vape / water pipe combo

I am very confused about how a dry herb vape works with a bubbler/bong/water pipe (I don't know the right word for which one - I'm not up on all the lingo because I don't talk to anyone else about getting stoned, I just do it) and I am hoping someone can explain to me how it is supposed to work.

IME, with combustion, there is a downstem that has a bowl with a metal screen to hold the herbs for combustion at one end with a ground glass joint that the glass tube fits through and extends into the water. When you draw, the vapor from the bowl enters the downstem and bubbles through the water and out to the mouthpiece where it is inhaled.

Most dry herb vape connection kits that I have seen are to fit the vape onto the ground glass joint, either directly or with a long tube called a whip. There is no stem to bubble the vapor through the water, it would just float directly out of the mouthpiece without going through the water.

So there are obviously some types of pipes/bubblers/bongs/whatever that have fixed dowstems built in. What are they called? How do I do an internet search for that type? It is a bong or a bubbler or a water pipe or something else? They all sound the same and I'm confused about the difference and just want to get one without having to do a dissertation on them. I would really like to try some type of water filtration to go with a dry herb vape because they can get harsh on the throat and water-filtered hits are smoother. How do I find a compatible whatchamacallit without having to read the description of each and every individual item? Or do I have this all wrong and there is some other type of connector that I need to use a vape with a water thingy?

I am hoping someone who has more experience with these things will share some guidance and point me in the right direction.

Any recs for a reasonbly-priced piece, preferably one that is rather rugged such as one that is silicone wrapped since the all-glass ones are rather delicate?

Google tells a lot when using "herb vape / water pipe combo", good luck.
    Edit https://www.vaporwarehouse.com/h2o-glass-adapters
    Last edited by Rwise; 10-14-2023, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Tone3000
      Tone3000 commented
      Editing a comment
      The internet search is what confused me more. Most of the results are just reviews of what caps to buy to work with a pipe anyway.

Your link is a perfect example of where there's something that I just don't get. There are all these adaptors that will let me affix a whip hose onto the ground glass inlet of the pipe. But they have NO DOWNSTEM. How exactly does the vapor get into the water? The pipe bowl that the vape is replacing has a long downstem that releases the vapor under the surface of the water but these, they just open directly inside the connector. What am I missing?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      My bong uses removable "slider" bowls that slide into the glass down steam that stays in the bong (cept for cleaning), those are the same but a newer style (my bowl has an "O" ring on its male part).

Look up the pinky ball vape.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Tone3000
      Tone3000 commented
      Editing a comment
      How does a diy dry herb vape help explain anything about how to connect it to a water pipe? Still very confused.

Maybe it seemed like I was looking for a vape rec. I'm looking for a water pipe I can connect my vape to.
      Last edited by Tone3000; 10-15-2023, 02:54 PM.

Making a vape, bubbler, bong, bowl, eic, the parts available and imagination are the only limit. Back in the day we used to try and make just about anything into something that could be used as a consuming instrument. Many times I look at the wares being peddled and have to think of it as either art or a solution in search of a problem. If you can build or buy it, you can use it.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Tone3000
      Tone3000 commented
      Editing a comment
      I see people talking about connecting their vapes to water pipes and lots of kits and adaptors being sold to make these connections... but I'm not "getting" how they actually work. They don't appear to make sense to me. I must be missing something and hope someone who has done this can explain it like I'm 5.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      They don't have to make sense, it is just another way to do it, and another way to sell things and make money. I guess some people think it is better if the vape is bubbled before it is inhaled. You have to decide if it is a good thing or not.

Ok, much more time has been spent going down this rabbit hole. I have no stoner friends so I don't get to check out anyone else's toys.

Apparently, now bowls and downstems come as two separate pieces! I had only ever seen them as one unit. I couldn't figure out how I was gonna vape through the bong without a stem. Turns out I can get a stem as a separate piece from the bowl and connect the vape adapter to the stem. I don't have to shop for a bong with a stem built in.

Laugh at my ignorance, but I'm a stealth stoner so it's these little but important details that I miss out on. And the internet doesn't serve up this info unless you already know what to ask it for. I was just going to find a picture of one to compare it and, lo, and behold, there I discovered that it now comes as two pieces.

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, multiple parts that come separate, multiple sales.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the down steam is the female part and the bowl is the male part.

People do like to DIY build things...

About 20 years ago I decided that I needed to give my lungs a respite from the rigors of CannaCombustion so I began to look into dry flower vaporizers which were kind of a new thing back then. That was a life changer, tho I didn't realize it at the time. According to the "InterWeb," "In 2003, a pharmacist from

Comment

I usually start counting from the day I plant the seed in the soil. I also buy some cbd disposable vape while my plants are growing. You've got quite the setup, and I can see you've been through some ups and downs. LST and trimming shade leaves can really help with growth and light penetration. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted on your progress. Happy growing!I usually start counting from the day I plant the seed in the soil.
      Last edited by HowelGrace; 10-31-2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

My vapes pretty damn smooth. It doesn't produce any smoke, just vapour.

Tried another vape that produces more smoke than vape with a bubbler with some home grown moldy bud (guilty), fark, it was that harsh I wasnt sure if I'd make it to hospital in time.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

What ya trying to sell? SiriusFourside might be interested.

Comment

In the good ole days of no vaping One third bottle of Boone's Farm strawberry hill,chilled. Glass tubing and rubber stopper with 2 holes. Put a bowl w/ screen on a straight piece and push down into the wine. Bend the other piece 45*, push it just above the wine. That's the way us old farts did it listening to "in-a-god-a-da-vida"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Awe the good ole days of using and creating what's on hand. Wonderful memories of using all sorts of items and even fruit to make a bong. We had neighbors who had large bamboo we'd make well you know some great bongs. Love it shadycon

Boone's Farm, memories from high school...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X