Chitosan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chitosan

Hey guys. Some of you saw that weird post that look kinda sketchy but I did a bit of googling and turns out the science is true. It's a NATURAL compound with lots of benefits in many realms but most important to us in plant and crop development.

So I just wanna post here a study of the us national institute of health so people can give it a read and continue the conversation. We all can and should learn new things and understand what the industry is putting into the products we use.

Lots of fancy words but maybe someone with a chemistry or biology background can translate some of the science for the rest of us to understand.

I read the ad the dude posted, and it was an ad as he listed only one place to buy it. Google said it is available from many suppliers, approved as a food additive etc..
    So when I toss shells from shellfish and mushroom scrapes in my compost, its a good thing!?

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it's a good thing.

I'm not sure smoking chitosan is though.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that's why I would like someone who knows biology to explain the actual mechanisms envolved. Could be the same as putting shellfish into the soil, bacteria decomposes it and just plays a role nurturing the plants inmune systemm maybe not. Maybe acts like a hormone and accumulates inside the plant. We all gotta realize we don't understand the organic way, don't know what bacterias and fungi feed to the roots or how the plant creates and breaks down molecules. Would be great to have some educated folks explain some stuff. We're all just stoners who learned to grow but know nothing of the specifics

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the same concerns with the use of silica and smoking that.

Sure it can be great for the plant in many ways but silicosis is not appealing.

Seems like it's greatest benefit is that when applied as a foliar solution it forms a bioshield, which appears to work as a fungicide and also is believe to promote growth in young plants by reducing transpiration. Its safety for consumption has not been 100% verified.

Don't know if I'd like to smoke, vape or otherwise ingest a bioshield that hasn't been shown to be 100% safe. Or if I'd like to inhale any kind of bioshield.

I think as a spray for clones and seedlings this stuff may have some benefit. And you wouldn't be spraying anything you'd end up consuming anyway.
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X