Hermie Identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermie Identification.

A week ago I took this photo of an early flower on the tip of one of my stems. It looked weird. Not really female flowers. Not nanners. Not male flowers. I suspected this was an early indication of a Hermie, and did a little research, but could not find anything like this. It did heighten my suspicions, so I was on the lookout. This flower actually turned into a robust female flower tip. But the plant?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1382.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	605871

Five days later I found this hanging off the girl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1427.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	605872

If you've seen this before, I'd like to hear about it. Thought it might be worth sharing, though.

Have a great day!

BR
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Top pic I'd say all female but you will know for sure when they open as to whether or not they contain pistols or pollen.

Bottom pic I'd say hermie but maybe not.

Patience grasshopper.

Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• BaccaRacca
      BaccaRacca commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluey, top pic looks a lot like the "confused" early buds I see on the female plant I'm spraying with collodial silver to get male plants. Instead of seeing early teardrop-shaped buds that later bear feathers, the buds in the top pic are more round. I did not see this on the sister plant. Goofy me did not take a pic of that plant at the same time for comparison. But, they were different.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      That's how look at the bracts also to sex..but its not always easy to determine.

Bottom pic is SUS!

Comment

Pic 1 kinda looks like the start of foxtails, pic 2 is a hermie. Are these pics from the same plant?

Comment

• BaccaRacca
        BaccaRacca commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise, yes. Male flowers found on the same plant five days after I took top pic. There were many of the male flowers on the plant before I discovered them. Just wondering if that top pic should have been a warning.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X