Plants won't grow right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Plants won't grow right.

I planted several plants in an outdoor greenhouse. The did not grow over 3 feet tall and had very little to harvest. I had 2 main questions, the first is what size pot should I use to grow them in. The second is my soil gets extremely hard when it gets dry and I was wondering if that may be part of the issue. Also after I germinate the seeds and transplant them into small starter pots I have the same issue and the germinated seeds seem to die. Any help would be appreciated!

Steve

Height varies by strain. Of you have a tall-growing strain then the bigger the root zone the bigger the plant. More or less. I choose 10 gallon bags because that's the largest I thought my old back could handle and those plants have grown over my head. Another grower here uses 15 gallon pots.

Re. the soil, sounds like you might want to augment it with coco noir and perlite. The are good articles on the site about making the growing medium. Click the menu I in the upper left of the screen to get links to a whole library of growing information.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Read up young weed hopper
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        They are probably too young to get the reference.

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        OldManGrower I find myself saying similar things more often, then I pause and think dam, I sound like my grandfather used to sound.

You get this amazing stuff called knowledge, you learn it by researching. Try sprinkling a load of that on them, will work just fine and you COULD end up growing the biggest fattest bestest plants on the internet.

Comment

Hard soil is hard for the roots to grow into, fix that. Something as simple as river sand can help.
        3 feet tall could be good for a plant that was supposed to get 18" tall, not so much for one to get 12' tall.
        Me myself and I start the seed in their final home, no setbacks from transplanting. I also use raised beds about 135 gallon or so. 3-5 gallon are great for autos, 10+ for photos.
        We need much more info and pics help. What are the temps, RH, PH, hours of direct sunlight, watering/feeding schedule and what they are being feed, size of pot/grow bag, fan/s used, genetics used/planted. Use the "Plant problems" link above and see if you see anything that relates to your grow and read it.
        These are about 8' tall, the one on the left is hanging now.

Comment

My guess is that you are using a very "clay-ish" soil, for young plants you should get some worm humus, it's a very soft soil and mix 50/50 with what you are using. Once they're going and growing you should add perlite to your soil. It's super cheap, you'll need around 30%. And for the size it really depends on how long you gonna let it veg and how big you want it to be, genetics also. Maybe 5 to 10 gal is a good place to start

Comment

Welcome to the GWE forum. This is a really great place to gain growing knowledge. When I began growing, I had similar results. I did bupkess in my additional grows. After about 14 grows, I believe I get it. What I did was read and then re-read the GWE website on how to grow. I still refer to it constantly and review every time. The people on this site are more than willing to help those who help themselves. This may be called GrowWeedEasy.com but growing artisanal weed or just plain good smoke is anything but easy.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X