Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Help With Bubbleponics/DWC

Well hello there,

So for this upcoming grow, I am gonna follow the "Top-Fed DWC Cannabis Setup Guide – Bubbleponics" (great article by the way). I already have everything I need, its set up and I'll be ready to roll, HOWEVER I have one question that is burning up my brain. There is one section of the article " How to Setup Your Bubbleponics System – Device Setup:", sections 19-25 My question is this: once I have the rapid rooter in the cups, surrounded by the hydroton, do I add a seed then and keep it moist with the tube running water over it and let it germinate there, or do I just germinate the way I normally do (paper towel) and then add it to the rapid rooter?

Sorry if its a stupid question, it's just eating away at me lol

Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.
    If I'm on my way to hell, I might as well enjoy the ride

Never done dwc nor have I put a seed directly into rapid rooter. That being said, to my understanding, you could do either. Both will work in theory. But my experience with seeds tells me it's better to provide the best possible environment to germinate so I if were you I would use the paper towel method and then into the rooter. Environment It's easier to control with the paper towel and if you already have experience doing it stick with that. If the rooter gets too dry the seed won't germinate. If it's too wet it could rot. Good luck my friend

Comment

Stick to what works for you. If you use the paper towels I would move it to the rapid rooter as soon as a taproot shows.
      You can germinate in the rapid rooter. But it only needs to stay moist not soaked. I've had great success with a dome or clear cup on a small tray. Then I add to the basket after the roots push out the plug.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X