air stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air stones

How long do you bubble water before watering, I have got four-5gal. buckets, my pump is very loud so I need to know if I can bubble a few hours before watering.
    roast beef

Why are you using an airstone at all?

If you are using treated water and trying to get rid of chlorine, no need as it will off gas in still water in a day.

If you just want to aerate the water you can achieve that with vigorous mixing when adding nutes and when it comes out of the tap/hose into your container.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. Or just go back and forth between two buckets a few times and it's done

• rickbamber
      rickbamber commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I must have read bad advice.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are worried about oxygen content then yeah, it's pretty easy and simple, pumps are needed for hydroponic reservoirs in dwc setup cause the water is sitting there for days and days. If you are worried about the chemicals in it then take the advice from stickynugs and look into aquarium products to clean the water. Probably cheaper than products made for the industry. One of this days they gonna start selling lighters for weed at double the price of regular lighters 🤣

And if your water provider uses chloramine (as mine does), it will not gas off you would need to add an acid to kill it.

Comment

I am pretty sure you can use aquarium products safely to remove chloramine or chlorine. You can look up online what your local water supplier uses. Sometimes they use both. I have read it can take up to 3-days for chlorine to gas off in an uncapped container. It depends on the amount and water hardness.

Comment

I've been using a chlorine/chloramine eliminator for aquariums for a while now with no problems at all. My grow system uses a 12 gallon reservoir. To keep the water/nutrient solution fresh, I have a small aquarium pump in the rez set to come on every 6 hours for 15 mins, works like a champ.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I like the idea of bubbling. I do it always but don't need to. I get chloramine from my tap water. I use a few drops of humic acid in a 5 gal bucket. The chloramine attacks the humic acid and neutralizes itself leaving free chlorine which gasses off and ammonia which will turn to nitrate in about 28 days.. I've used potassium sorbate in flower to neutralize too. Vitamin C powder will also do the same. Bubbling makes me feel like I'm loving the plants without over-loving them to death.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X