Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping a grow journal

Hello people

It's a good practice to keep a grow journal with all watering events, and all nutrient mixes

I tend to write into the journal every time I'm watering or mixing a nutrients, but i never get myself to read through those

My journal looks somewhat like this now:

---

grow - 1 ml grow, 1 ml bloom, 1ml micro (not actual proportions)
    aug 1, 2023 - 11 - water grow 400 ml + 1 ml vinegar, runoff - yes
    aug 3, 2023 - 11 - water grow 400 ml + 1 ml vinegar

(the end of the copybook)

11 - plant strain, seed bank. planted jun 25, 2023. in veg since jul 15, 2023

---

I've searched around a bit, and I've seen this video by Hemp in a pot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpucjAbzQgU)

But I'm still not too sure how to keep it, note format wise

Any advice?

There's an app that's been recommended to me called Growing with Jane, or something like that.
    There's a free version with in app purchases. That might give you some ideas. I haven't downloaded it yet.

I've written down all EC measurements for my grow..pH in tank at start and finish, light levels, and temps and humidity are all recorded by the automation at 5min intervals.
    The most important numbers for me were EC and additives, fertigation amount and frequency and leaf observations.

This is where I need to better understand and learn how my strains behave under maximum light at a certain nute level...and it's where I can improve my grows the most.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I use Excel - lots of date functions. Number of days since start, days to go. Season planning: enter a start date and see the weeks lay out... Other tabs list purchases, links to sites, nutrient ratio calculators.
      I've attached it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, thank you

I guess I'll try reviewing the data once every 1-2 weeks, perhaps. Or I'll try an app/excel

Comment

I use ms onenote as a logbook this way it’s available to me across all platforms, for working thru nutrient schedules, excel
          Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
          Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
          Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
          Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
          Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

I keep it old school. I have a marble composition notebook with a black, red and blue pen and a 5pk of highlights. Dates, Numbers, amendments get written in black, plant health and notes in blue and red for any issues I'm having. The highlighters are just to give some more color to the page so I can easily see when I last watered or what amendments I added. What the pH of the water and the runoff were. Everything is written and color coded. I noticed it keeps me organized and prepping myself with good note taking skills for a future pheno hunt I have in mind...

​​​​​​i Did notice as my note taking got better, so did my results.
            Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
            MAC1 (Blimburn)
            Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
            Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
            T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
            🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

Update on my note keeping: what helped me is not to keep any notes

I usually don't have a lot of time for the plants. Having to keep notes was somehow like an additional burden, and I was spending time trying to read notes instead of focusing on the plants

What I'm now doing instead is checking on the plants every 2 days. I have set up a reminder in calendar. Now all of my attention has to go to the plants.

Since I'm checking every 2 days, the plants are watered more consistently.

I grow all plants in batches: all plants to vegetative, taking clones from all plants, all plants to flowering. This way I don't really need to write down which plant is at which stage

I do still keep notes when the plant was cloned/germinated, which strain it is and when it was harvested
              Last edited by Inboxbl; 03-21-2024, 03:40 PM. Reason: added which notes i do keep

Comment

Make an excel sheet. Setup the date. It is easy to record to much irrelevant info, making what you want to look up more distracting.
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

EC, pH, DLI (PPFD), Temps & humidity pretty much nails it. I'm running 5 different nute mixes atm without notes. It's working.
                  Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                  Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
                  Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                  Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X