Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Timer - leaf colors during flowering.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer - leaf colors during flowering.....

Well, I have a bunch of things I won't do next time. I used Miracle-Gro potting soil, I didn't transfer them out of the seed pots for way too long, etc. I transferred them to pots at the end of June and into a grow tent July 2. They really took off. I flushed the soil a couple of times to get rid of the delayed release chemicals, but now I'm getting leaves that a yellow or lighter green. The ph is fine, and they've been getting enough water. Other causes - don't think I've overwatered. Not enough/too much nitrogen?
    As far as nutrients go, I've been using Dr Earth's Bud & Bloom when the buds started to appear, but have been using a very light hand (two tablespoons worked lightly into the soil, then watered in). Have done it twice, two weeks apart. Am I overdoing or underdoing?

I know I probably would have gotten a better yield had I done more research, but it's been a great learning experience!

Seeds are Humbolt/Catskill Blueberry Muffin, autoflowering Feminized
    Spider Farm Grow light set at 60%, about 16" away from plants

Light Green to yellowing is normally associated with lack of N when it comes to nutes. Really dark green N toxicity.

I think you've probably been under doing it but your close to the harvest window by the looks of it.

Nice job nonetheless.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Oh man i love that strain. Grow an learn that's how to get better results. You've done damn good with what you used, they look within 3wks and i'd give a dose of unsulferated molasses a good teaspoon per 1/2gal of water 1xwk if there still drinking an pots still draining well. Good job
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for your comments!!

Comment

why is your light set at only 60%? Typically, the more light, the better!

It looks like the yellowing is mostly on the lower leaves. The very bottom leaves turning yellow is not unusual close to harvest and I would guess that the leaves on the lower part of the plant that are lighter colored might not be getting enough light because they are farther from the light (which it not at full strength - crank that baby up!).

Comment

Tone - I read somewhere that that's what I should set it at for the amount of plants I had.....I guess it didn't hurt, but I'll crank the sucker up!

Thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X