1st grow - 5th week of 12/12 - timeline questions/what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow - 5th week of 12/12 - timeline questions/what to expect

I’m in the 5th week of 12/12. I have some nice looking buds. I’m curious what I should plan for in terms of timeline? 3-4 more weeks? Can you estimate the yield (not super important, just curious)? Any sage advice for this stage of the game?

This has been a lot of fun so far, mostly thanks to this community!

Strain: blue dream
    tent: 2x2x3
    light: HLG 65w 4000k LED
    pot size: 2 gallon
    medium: coco loco
    nutrients: dyna-gro grow/bloom

mahalo

Thats a good choice for a first grow. Looks healthy. What ever your doing agrees with it.

Comment

If the plant is covering the entire footprint of the light I think you can expect one or two ounces. Being only 65 wats of light means over two ounces its improbable. Everything looks great. I think you're looking at another 5 weeks maybe more. Mostly because with a low powered light it takes a bit more time for the plant to finish. Keep feeding regularly and practice your patience. Everything looks great

Comment

Amazing job so far. You sure it's only 65w?

With a 100w light I'd say you could go close to 12oz but with a 65w probably under half that.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Thanks - I’m getting a little anxious because the plants look good and I don’t want to make any critical errors so far into the game. The humidity here is unreal right now and my dehumidifier in cranking all day. Hopefully winter will be better.

I’m not sure about what the light exactly draws. Just going by what this says

https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...ow-tutorial​

mahalo

Comment

That HLG lamp is a good one. It will grow good weed in that size tent. I used that lamp in a 2x2.5x6 tent and got about 2-3 oz per plant. Even though I don't use the 100 anymore, I've stuck with HLG and have had nothing but a good experience with their lights. Good lookin' plants. Forget the grow guides and be patient, watch the trichomes. Look at them with a jewelers loop for the best time to harvest. When you think it's time to harvest, wait another day.
            Last edited by golfnrl; 08-23-2023, 10:05 PM. Reason: edited the tent size
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I just noticed that the tips of some leaves are yellowing! I checked gwe diagnosis pages and think it is light burn? I looked at the lower leaves and no burn. I lowered the plant about 3 inches and reduced the power a “hair” (the light has an adjuster but it is barely quantitative).

Anything else I should consider?

mahalo

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Patience my friend. The hardest thing to do sometimes is not to do anything

Ooooooo Blue dream!!!! I just popped a blue dream auto from Fast Buds today! Fantastic choice of culture for a first time grow. She's usually an easy grow with nice fat buds at harvest. From your pictures, she's looking happy and healthy! Fantastic job! 👍 keep it up and you'll have a really nice harvest.
              Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
              MAC1 (Blimburn)
              Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
              Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
              T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
              🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

They look great. Keep doing what you’re doing

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X