Grow review and Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow review and Thank You

I don't post anywhere much but I thought I should pass along some results that were the result of some advice received here. Several months ago I had some questions about LED lights which people kindle answered.My CFL's worked for Veg but near time for flower the plants started to stretch badly and it was evident that my CFL's had reached the end of their useable lifespan due to lumens depreciation.

The plant was CBD Peach Puree in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil in a 5gal fabric pot. R/O water and Fox Farm Bush Doctor Kelp Me and FF Big Bloom. The color was good most of the way through but it was stretching like crazy.

Eventually just before flower (I had questions about the lack of pre flowers which were addressed here, thank you) I took the advice of several people here and The GWE page on LED lights and purchased an SPF 1000 LED 100w panel for just over 150.00 Canadian from Canada Grow Supplies in Montreal. (Great service by the way. I highly recommend them)

I was worried about the blooming not catching up maybe the plant being set back permanently by the lack of light in veg'.
    No worries though, the buds filled out really nicely and after about 8weeks I harvested the most I have ever gotten from 1 plant, 1.4 oz dried and cured. Quite a bit more that I ever got with CFL's.

That is not a record amount by any means but for me it's great as is any bud really. The LED panel works great, easy to setup and just plugs right in. The photos are of my modest grow setup and the plant close to harvest. ​​ Thanks for the help every one.​​​

Hello and congratulations on a happy grow. If your happy with your harvest I think that's great. And how's those outdoor plants doing for you? Feel free to post pics on the 2023 outdoor grow thread it's for anyone wanting to show there outdoor grows. Does'nt need to be professional photos and only if you want to. I've got the beginnings of buds on the top colas just saw them today so good luck to you hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Hello and congratulations on a happy grow. If your happy with your harvest I think that's great. And how's those outdoor plants doing for you? Feel free to post pics on the 2023 outdoor grow thread it's for anyone wanting to show there outdoor grows. Does'nt need to be professional photos and only if you want to. I've got the beginnings of buds on the top colas just saw them today so good luck to you hope all goes well.
      Thanks for the reply.That info about my outdoor grow is about two years old. I have tried to change it about 5 times under my profile but the same old info keeps showing.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        When you edit your signature you must save it in the dialogue box which you ate probably doing but then you must go to the bottom right hand side of that page you are still on after the dialogue box closes and click save.

That should work

Congratulations! A good grow is the one you like; sort of like art and wine. It's only a competition with yourself. It took me a lot of grows to understand how to increase yields but I love the learning curve. Good luck and stay in touch.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
        Congratulations! A good grow is the one you like; sort of like art and wine. It's only a competition with yourself. It took me a lot of grows to understand how to increase yields but I love the learning curve. Good luck and stay in touch.
        My own information was incorrect. I got 2.4 oz dried and cured which is better than what I said. Way better than anything I have ever produced. You are right though it is a personal challenge not a competition

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          That is about what I got on my first grow. You can definitely learn to increase your yield, just stick with it and ask for help if you need it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X