Seed popping, selection and harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed popping, selection and harvest

New to the forums but have used GWE for information and inspiration for many moons. I recently started some new cultivars from TrueCannGenetics which is my personal favorite breeder. Extremely nice guy and knows his work. I started his Limited 10 year anniversary release of Chem Valley Cooks and Dohreoz Figured I will make my post about my seed popping to selections and harvest if successful.
    I germinate in a paper towel/zip lock bag and use a bottled spring water to dampen them and place on top of my flower tent so they know where they can end up😜
    Once germinated I transfer into a small container of coco coir/castings mix. (Don’t overwater it will stunt them) When they get the starter leaves I use a farmer Freeman xy test to eliminate any males.
    This is the point I am at with above mentioned cultivars. Today I mailed my samples out. Hopefully next week I’ll know genders and make adjustments.
    So far Farmer Freeman test have been useful and it costs about the same as if I would wait up to two months for signs of plant sex. And I have had plants that just won’t show until going into flower cycle.
    Xy test are easy to use. They provide instructions. Basically use the provided tag and matching envelope to place a 1/2 inch to one inch sample of a healthy leaf tip in and seal with provided sticker. Clean cutting utensils between samples. And return them to the testing lab.
    I only looked at a few prior post so far and have already seen one about limited space. This is what inspired me to make a post about how I deal with plant count, space and selections as a home grower in tents. Accidentally posted this to my visitors page also🤪
    Last edited by MidwestWeedNerd; 08-09-2023, 12:31 AM. Reason: Misspelling

I can see how'd this be useful for time saving. What does that strain lean towards sativa or indica?? Good luck with your venture.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MidwestWeedNerd
      MidwestWeedNerd commented
      Editing a comment
      Indica to the best of my knowledge

Both are indica leaning cultivars to the best of my knowledge. ChemValleyCooks is Forum Cut GSC x SFV Og x Chem D. This particular chem valley cooks is a cross of TruesCannaGenetics 2016 ChemValleyCooks spannabis cup winner hit with his ChemValleyCooks male. So F2 seeds. Dohreoz is comeback kush x oreoz. Thanks for the question I should have included it to begin. And the Xy test have definitely been a help this year.
    Last edited by MidwestWeedNerd; 08-09-2023, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Results are back now I just need to remove the males, I don’t plan on keeping any of the ChemValleyCooks or Dohreoz males. Let these ladies grow out a bit and start the selection process. ChemValleyCooks 5 of 8 are females. Dohreoz I got 4 of 4 females. The remaining 3 are a different cultivar on my result photo. Time to start taking notes, while growing the females out to clone. Structure, vigor, leaf patterns, roots, how they react to the environment, how fast the clones root, do they react well getting topped or trained. That’s just some of the things I take notes on.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3565.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	443.5 KB
ID:	626848
        I got sidetracked after starting this post. This ended up being the C.V.C keeper.
        Attached Files

Comment

Currently running another 4 Dohreoz and going to pick up where I left off. I have 3 females and got two cuts off of each of the 3. I got rid of the seed plants and I am currently vegging one of each to move into my flower room. And keeping the other 3 in my veg room. Until I can decide which one I will keep to mother if any.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X