Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Washing

Hello all,

I've been reading and researching bud washing. Just like anything else I've read 100 different opinions. I understand that GWE does not recommend it.

Does anyone have any personal experience? Good or Bad?

Here is a link to the latest article I have read. I would like hear everyone's thoughts.

Ever heard of bud washing? Find out the benefits of submerging your cannabis flowers in water, and how to do it at home. It's more simple than you'd think!

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Three baths. 1- Water + lemon juice + baking soda, 2- plain water, 3- water + peroxide. Tepid water, not hot, not cold. Amounts, wing it, a good dose. Submerge the branch, soak and gently agitate, drain off, next bath, hang to dry. This is great for outdoor plants as it will wash away insects, insect poo, general debris. If the water is to hot it will drive off terps, to cold it may cause trichs to break off. I do it for outdoor only. If your indoor grow is clean I don't think it is necessary. Outdoor you will be amazed at the insects and gunk that comes off them. This procedure will not wash off or cure a massive WPM infection.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Grew outdoors heaps, never ever saw the need, ever.

Smoking bugs is less harmful than tobacco.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I do the same as Ckbrew. Outdoor plants only, first bath lemon juice and baking soda, second peroxide, third plain lukewarm water. I live in a very humid area and mold and mildew are everywhere. I do this as a preventative measure against spores, as CK said it will not cure bad wpm or bud rot. I always cut off and throw away anything with br or wpm. There are a few you tube videos and a previous post on this forum that I used for reference. If you use advance search and click title only use key word washing and it is the first one that shows up
        Last edited by bdeegan; 08-04-2023, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Hm. I hope the smoke clears before it the buds get too far along otherwise there's going to be a lot of Canadian Pine smelling weed here in Western NY. It's back but not as bad as a few weeks ago. I like the idea of cleaning environment polutents off but don't think you can rinse smoke. When I grew asparagus I rinsed in salt water and that worked very well to get the bugs out. I've rinsed post-harvest cannabis but still consider it if appropriate.
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I've done it before but I used 4 baths. I separate the baking soda and the lemon juice baths. Together they would seem to negate themselves. Acid and base. Baking soda first, then lemon juice, then the H2O2, then water. Give them a good spin to remove as much water as possible then hang as normal.

Comment

The baking soda and lemon juice is a killed acid, a common method of cleaning. It performs like an ionic surfactant. I use the peroxide last as a final rinse, and sanitizer. The peroxide degrades into water and oxygen so there is no concern for residual contamination on the rinsed buds.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments!
                SF 35X47X70 tent
                SF1000 X4
                AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
                AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
                FFOF Soil
                FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                GH Flora Series
                3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
                Gelato Cake
                Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

This is "Jorge Cervantes- Washing Away Powdery Mildew" by Jorge Cervantes on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X