Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What light percentage should I put my light at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What light percentage should I put my light at?

I have this 150w grow light and I've currently set it to the 12-12 cycle to begin the flowering stage. I notice that the taller plants leaves and colas that are closer to the light are getting burned. I can't train them to be any lower. However I can adjust the intensity of the lights output pictured below. What should I set it to?

Attached Files

Try and reduce the light burn by lifting the light. This will give it a more even spread normally.
    Look up supercropping. What training have you done to date?
    A photo of your plant would be more helpful than a screenshot of your lights mobile app.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
      Try and reduce the light burn by lifting the light. This will give it a more even spread normally.
      Look up supercropping. What training have you done to date?
      A photo of your plant would be more helpful than a screenshot of your lights mobile app.
      I have raised my light as high as it can go, and I have supercropped my plants so adjusting the lights intensity is seemingly the last thing I can do
      Attached Files

Comment

You need to train your plants more using a combination of topping and LST.
        Your only option now is to supercrop.
        Research those in conjunction with SCROG and SOG.
        Check your temps too.
        Edit. I think I can see where you have worked the stem but you need to pull it over about 90⁰ and hold it there so the canopy is all the same height.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          You can put something under the shorter plants to raise them so all are at the same height. But 150 watt light is typically marginal to inadequate for more than one photoperiod plant. What's the distance between them?

I forgot to mention.
        In the 1st pic at the bottom what are the white patches on the leaf?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
          I forgot to mention.
          In the 1st pic at the bottom what are the white patches on the leaf?
          its condensation, its reflecting the light above it

Comment

• You can put something under the shorter plants to raise them so all are at the same height. But 150 watt light is typically marginal to inadequate for more than one photoperiod plant. What's the distance between them

Theyre all right next to each other

Comment

• 90Gizmo
              90Gizmo commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually I meant what is the distance between the tops of the plants and your lights

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              It looked to be about 6" to the top pre flowers, it wasn't much. Stressed.

• 90Gizmo
              90Gizmo commented
              Editing a comment
              I do see the edge of the light now. I can do the math but have no experience growing with a light that low. Maybe it can be done; I know people are resourceful. I would use this as an excuse to buy a bigger tent or move the grow to a closet.

Originally posted by Atriax View Post
              • You can put something under the shorter plants to raise them so all are at the same height. But 150 watt light is typically marginal to inadequate for more than one photoperiod plant. What's the distance between them

Theyre all right next to each other
            >Actually I meant what is the distance between the tops of the plants and your lights

THE smaller plants have about 19 inches from the grow light. The larger plant is overgrown and im currently training to move horizontally. Might FIM these plants too. With the smaller plants. Ones an autoflower, and the other is stunted because it originally started in a 3 gallon pot and I think I transferred it too late.

>I do see the edge of the light now. I can do the math but have no experience growing with a light that low. Maybe it can be done; I know people are resourceful. I would use this as an excuse to buy a bigger tent or move the grow to a closet.

So here's the thing. The grow light is as high as it will get with the air filter there. The tent is 2x2x4. Unfortunately with between my states laws which say its fine to grow but it has to be discreet and out of the way, meaning not outside or out in the open, and my landlord. I'm confined to my crawlspace. Unless there's a 2x2x8 tent somewhere its going to be hard to get a bigger tent that I can easily access in that crawlspace. I'll figure something out, probably just getting good and training, and Scrogging.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
              90Gizmo commented
              Editing a comment
              Neither the fan nor the filter need to be in the tent. Just the hose and that only needs to stick in enough to be secure. Put the filter on the exhaust side of the fan, both outside the tent.

>Neither the fan nor the filter need to be in the tent. Just the hose and that only needs to stick in enough to be secure. Put the filter on the exhaust side of the fan, both outside the tent.

Thanks for the tip! All the diagrams I found had me putting the filter inside. I redid the whole thing and now I have way more space to the point where my issues are solved! Thanks!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X