Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with diagnosis

Hi,
    this is my second year outdoor grow from seed (northern light x amesia haze) 3 out of 4 seedlings have issues, 1 growing great. Same happened last year. Using Alaska 511 fertilizer , same soil, same watering, all planted at the same time. Couldn't really diagnose from the website, can anyone set me 8n the right direction?

Thanks

Possibly heat stress but I'd be targeting that fertiliser and soil..although I am leaning more to the environment..not sure sorry
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Yeah that is a tough one. When were they planted? They look burnt from fert and or the sun. What type of soil? Looks like a mixture of potting mix and dirt. Are they all in the same bed or different beds? And are the plants with issues in the same spot as plants with issues last year?

Comment

What are the temps, RH, PH not only the small spot of potting soil but the soil they are actually in (looks like ground concrete), hours of direct sunlight, age of each plant, auto or photo?
        Not enuf info given, as said could be nute burn, wind burn, heat stress bad PH, etc..

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Twisted leaf burnt tips heat stress, over fertilized. If the same thing happens for a 3rd time what would you do? The soil needs to be worked with and seedlings in the ground IF they have good composted soil do not need ferts. Less is more to start with. This is how i was taught when growing in the ground.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          For planting in the ground I dug holes 5 feet deep and 5 feet across, fill the pit with good soil in the proper PH range and plant.

Thanks for your responses, I forgot to mention that they were started indoors in peat pellets. They showed the same traits from germination.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          the PH of peat is ~3.3 way to low.

Aha, thanks! Next year I'll get correct ph soil.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X