Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Intro and guidance request

Good day, everyone..!!
    I just joined this site and have way too many questions. I am interested in growing cannabis and mushrooms...but here is the thing....I live in N.C. where the fine folks here still think that cannabis in any form is the devil's plaything so I HAVE to learn how to grow on the super down low.....I'm in a shitty apt. that is "inspected" by my landlords basically whenever they feel like it. It has never been longer than 3 months total time between these bullshit "inspections"... methinks that may just be the death blow to my grow plans, but I'm here to learn and am hoping you all can guide me along this journey..?? I have zero experience growing cannabis so we need to start at that level of inexperience.
    I'm also interested in growing mushrooms...Lion's Mane....is one I know a little about but nothing at all about how to grow them ..or anything like them. This may not be the place to ask about the shrooms but I need to start somewhere.....
    So that is my introduction as it stands. I'm glad to be here and am looking forward to learning from you all and am stoked to get started learning....
    ripgiftofgab

You're screwed on that one.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Going 12/12 right from the start might be an option.
      https://www.growweedeasy.com/12-12-f...n%2012%20weeks.

You'll need a grow tent and a lung room to have any hope of completely controlling the smell. Keeping it small will help as well as low smell variants like Northern Lights.

Good luck but sounds pretty high-risk to me. I wouldn't even consider a grow with roommates let alone 3mo inspections.

Mushrooms would be far less risky IMO. But I've never cultivated those.

Comment

My thought is to get active and get it legalized, even if just for medical, it beats the hell out of the alternative. No one should go to jail for this. I just found out that my state Oklahoma is supplying 47 states with illegal weed, I understand as a LB brings only $100 here and that same LB brings $4000 in NY.
        Look into Freakshow and ABC (Australian Bastard Cannabis) as the landlord may not recognize them as the "Devils weed". Also there are autos that deliver in about 60 days. Of course growing in a tent would be a give away that something is going down. One could get their own place and not have the landlord to deal with! (All it takes is a huge pile of money)
        Much reading to do here, start with "Growing Basics" link at the top of this page, then choose another link to self study such as "Seeds".
        Cant help with the shrooms, maybe this would help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZI9zjfMQ5k
        Good luck but it may be safer to drive across the state line and buy from a shop, IDK how far you may have to drive.

Comment

• ripgiftofgab
          ripgiftofgab commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for the intel....I know it is a huge risk..but cards flat on the table here...I miss weed so much.... I actually do have some fairly serious medical issues and have been as active as I can be here in N.C. to get medical legalized. As it stands here now there are only less than a handful of "conditions" that qualify for a card...no one gets them..cards....I've even been told to stop talking about it by many of the Dr.s I see. Quite literally, they tell me they won't even talk about it....pisses me off but what can one do, right..? I've thought seriously about buying on-line but the dark web..or whatever it is called...scares me....Is that info folks here share..like which places are actually legit for selling cannabis to us fools that are stuck in this fucking state on-line..?? If I could drive, my new friend....I would drive right the fuck out of N.C. and back out west to the land of my long lost people ..out Oregon way....laughs those were the days..even then when it was still illegal it was never, ever hard to find....Thanks again for the intel...!!!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep I sure as shit would'nt do it with all the extra eyes on you. It's a bust 100% i'd drive and buy a pound.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand being disabled, I am lucky to be able to walk, have a like minded friend that could take you on a day trip?

I agree with bluey, you need a good space for it and no eyes. If you knew the date of inspection it would be possible but a complete nightmare

Comment

Maybe find a friend with their own place and suggest a project, a trustable friend tho maybe quite rare…best of luck

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe a friend with their own place would have a room to rent.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Given your impossible position you need a friend with land or a room to rent. Rwise solution is the go.

I suggest you go to the main grow weed easy website and search for "stealth grow". Lots of ideas there, including low odor strains and instructions on growing in a 5 gallon bucket.
          Good luck

Comment

ok...I do thank you all for the advice....I figured this (growing my own) would be a longshot and basically you all have just confirmed that.... I Can't drive, quite literally, and friends..like real human friends that would be kind enough to take me somewhere to buy weed...not a chance. I'm guessing that any of the hemp variants....THCa...etc...would present the same issues that weed would/does...ie smell...etc and etc...with regards to growing it....??? I have tried some of the THCa strains and they just don't do what weed does (or did) but at this point any flower is better than no flower.

Comment

I know it's not the same as growing your own, but you should read up on mail order Delta-8

Comment

Delta-8 is actually a good idea. When I was on probation not too long ago, I started dabbling with Delta-8 products, which are legal everywhere I believe. Some of the many, many, many varieties are actually comparable to smoking a bowl of real weed. They have Delta-10 as well as 8. Most of them are definitely worth trying. Not only effective but very comparable to Delta-9 THC for the most part. Obviously it’s not as good as the real thing but totally comparable. Got me thru. I actually enjoyed most of them. All I would suggest is when you go to smoke shop, ask cashier what the best seller is and go with that one. I was never disappointed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X