Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First grow, just flipped 8d ago, still not sure what I'm looking at. Advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO First grow, just flipped 8d ago, still not sure what I'm looking at. Advice please!

I took these pictures on Fri, please take a look and let me know what you think. I haven't told anyone about this grow so I don't have anyone with experience that can help.

I think B1 is female but it's been stunted heavily by too low pH for the first half of veg.
    I'm pretty sure B3 is a boy.
    I think B4 is female.

I'm not even sure I'm looking at the right place. I know the pistils protect the early bud site so been looking there but which nodes? The top nodes can look like seeds but are just developing leaves I think.

I would like to chop any males today in ~4hr before night cycle starts. I will post new pics in an hour of two.

Here is B4 wouldn't upload with the others for some reason.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, likely fem but cannot tell yet with the others. They look like clones to me from the first couple of pics. Looks like a well managed grow from the 5th pic.
      Last edited by Bluey; 07-23-2023, 03:36 PM.

• WeedRider
      WeedRider commented
      Editing a comment
      All grow from reallllly old bag seed (hence the B1,2,3). I germinated B2 but broke the taproot when transplanting, RIP. I have some commercial feminized seeds that I will pop after this grow.

I sooo screwed up B1 by using test strips, had an actual pH of around 3.5 for most of it's early life. Hence why such an incredibly long veg time for B1. Fan leaves get rust spots still despite good health in the other plants and not really sure why, the clone I took before flipping is showing much better growth. Think the root system is constrained somehow.

Hey sorry for the off topic reply but curious about what you are using to monitor your system that has that neat dashboard. I also grow in hydro but I only use feminized seeds so don't know enough to help you identify them.

Comment

It's too early to tell. But B3 kinda looks boyish. Given a few more days. No harm will come. Still got plenty time

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
        It's too early to tell. But B3 kinda looks boyish. Given a few more days. No harm will come. Still got plenty time
        Ok thank you! Was stressing a bit so this helps tremendously.

Originally posted by WeedingOptions View Post
        Hey sorry for the off topic reply but curious about what you are using to monitor your system that has that neat dashboard. I also grow in hydro but I only use feminized seeds so don't know enough to help you identify them.

Dashboard component is called Chronograf. I have a couple ESP32 sensors logging over Wifi to InfluxDB which is used by the dashboard plus Kapacitor for sending commands and alerting. All running on an OrangePi acting as a WiFI hotspot. That part was fun and relatively straightforward as I have much more experience with electronics than grow ops!

Comment

Some updated photos. I think they're all females! Really can't believe it, can anyone verify? Also thinking I should defoliate again soon.

B1
        Click image for larger version  Name:	B1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	392.9 KB ID:	600957

B3
        Click image for larger version  Name:	B3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	426.1 KB ID:	600958

B4
        Click image for larger version

Name:	B4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	600964

Click image for larger version  Name:	Plants.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	600960
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot at 2023-07-28 16-38-36.png Views:	0 Size:	129.0 KB ID:	600962

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. They're all females. I would remove the lower leaves and branches of the entire canopy. The entire lower half. The top branches will still grow to form colas but the lowers are going to be a mess if left unattended

• WeedRider
          WeedRider commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok awesome, guess I lucked out with these bag seeds.

I'll trim a bunch tomorrow. With the stretch they are getting bushy!

I concur with the above statement break out the Barbie clothes LOL
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Defoliation complete, hopefully I didn't take too much!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0907.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	601022

Also B1 is still having issue, kinda looks like nitrogen deficiency but the leaves don't pull of very easy. Happens to all old growth after a while. The clone I took it doing great not the same problems at all. I'm guessing some sort of root development issue since it was in ~3.5 ph water it's whole early life. It IS growing so not really an issue just curious really.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	822.5 KB ID:	601021

I've got a second supporting net that I should probably get in place soon.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great. Some support will help a lot.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job. I like to look at the nice bright light at the top and when I look to the bottom I see none shining through, so your canopy is grabbing it all. Cool.

• WeedRider
            WeedRider commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok thanks guys. Will get that second net installed soon.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X