Brown leaves on one of my buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Brown leaves on one of my buds

Just noticed this this morning. Plant looks on track otherwise (to me anyway). Callifornia Indica, grown outside ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230723_072019277.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	600576 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230723_072032707.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	600577

Have you opened up the bud and looked inside close to the main stem?
    White spider webby type material in there?
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Yes it's either a catipillar or bud rot

Comment

Or one of these green jumping bugs I have found this year, yes open that bud up, tear into it look for a worm! Even worse it could be bud rot,

Comment

Hi, no sign of spider webby material, and the brown leaves aren't slimy. I didn't notice any 'smoke' or spores. Did see a caterpillar a few days ago, little green thing about half an inch long, but it disappeared into the canopy when I tried to catch it ... no sign of a worm in the affected bud ... Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230723_112929906.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	600589 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230723_112939685.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	600590

Comment

When I check inside the bud to see what is going on I do not remove the bud from the plant....I think it's growing days are over
            Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
            Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
            Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
            Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
            Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Having said that (about the spider web) ...is this it?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230723_113901154.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	600593

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. That looks very much like it. That is called Mycelium.

It's typically not harmful to human health but in a small number of cases it can be fatal.

Your bud was likely dead before you noticed it on the outside.

You cannot keep spores away from your plant so you need low humidity and good airflow and healthy plants to stop it from taking hold in your buds. Rain and high humidity is a certainty to get it.

Should / can I harvest the rest of the plant or is it a gonner?

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                If you are not immuno compromised or have other respitory issues you can just dry it and smoke it....it only causes plaques in the lungs of a very small percentage of people, but it does kill most of them.

Up to you.

Likely you have healthy buds on that plant.

ok ... I guess it's harvest time, then ...

Comment

Hi, just wanted to post an update fwiw. I kept a few of the healthiest looking buds and binned the rest. Started drying them out, and moved to curing, then last night I thought I’d try some. I was shocked to find that the buds were full of seeds (and I got zero hit from what I tried)! Seems like I had no luck at all.
                In the event that I try again, is there an indica auto flower variety that’s easy to grow indoors (and so avoids the risk of getting fertilised), like in a conservatory, and that’s not prone to rot? I can’t do the whole room/lights/humidity control thing…
                cheers!

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All of what you want is prone to mold.

Reduce the incidence of mold in your flowers by controlling

1. humidity, below 50%RH is typically fine unless you have huge buds and a quite long flower cycle.
                  2. Keep your flowers dry
                  3. A healthy plant
                  4. Temperature

I know of nothing else that works to reduce mold.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X