Yuccas relation to mycorrhize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuccas relation to mycorrhize

I've been trying to look up information regarding yucca and it's effects on mycorrhize fungi. Yucca is a mild fungicide. I use yucca extract when I do a flush. It's a good wetting agent. It's got a all kinds of goods for the roots. ...... The same roots that I innoculated with mycorrhize fungi and other kinds of fungi. Now I'm wondering if I killed off the fungi or will it be resilient enough? Not all fungicides kill all fungi. Some are species specific. Maybe the yucca and mycorrhize work together? Fighting against bad fungi and bacteria? Not much info on this subject.

I can use it as a folair spray. This way I get the benefits of the yucca without the potential harm to the mycorrhize fungi and friends in trying to keep happy in the soil.

Any one use yucca as a wetting agent or as a folair spray? Super interested in knowing more.

​​( I did add some mycorrhize to water and watered with that at a future time without the yucca. I only used it to help with the flush and get that pH adjusted. I don't use it with normal waterings.) Picture of the one I'm using
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
    🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
    🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
    🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
    🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
    🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
    🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Enoki 3x, Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 2x, Hen of the woods 1x, Panellus Stipticus(bioluminescent) 1x,

I thought a Yukka is a plant. The fungus that attacks and can kill it is a Yukka fungus. A bit like bud rot but it enters the Yukka via the roots or damage to their structure. Overwatering seems a common cause.

Perhaps you could get the info you need from the manufacturer. If not try something else.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Yeah that's the interesting thing is that just because it's a fungicide doesn't mean that it kills all fungus it could be targeted out of particular kind of fungus I'm just curious as to how it interacts with Mycorrhize. Also because like most companies now that are doing all the nutrients always have a bunch of these things blended together anyway one would think that they would work in some sort of symbiosis. Worst case scenario I'll just use it as a folair spray during veg.. since it looks like the soil acidity problem is being dealt with I'm going to be doing a lot less flushing also. But you got is a good bio stimulant. And unlike kelp which can have decent amounts of arsenic in it I don't think yucca has any and of it does, probably much less than kelp meal.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

🍄Enoki 3x, Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 2x, Hen of the woods 1x, Panellus Stipticus(bioluminescent) 1x,

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I only made the soil, not the seaweed/kelp...I wrote that poorly

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        I take the runoff and I put it out in my garden so they don't go to waste....I feel the pain too.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        She just got red stems everywhere the runoff was coming out like 4.7 .....I had to do something..... But she's on the rebound now. Coming up on 1 month and there's so many bud sites.... Some colas are going to be massive. She's going to start fattening up soon. I can't wait to see how she comes together.

Not sure if I can post links in here but I was reading an article that says yucca and kelp are great bio stimulants for mycelium inoculation. Yucca is a fungicide but not for fungus. endomycorrhizal fungi seems to work with the yucca target then against it. Yucca seems to prevent more of the dryer fungus. Like powdery mildew and the ones that look like and feel like carpeting. So it seems fine. Makes sense tbh. There's so many soil blends with all these things blended together.
      I have a crappy microscope so I'll find out what effect the yucca had on the live in the soil after I chop the plant. I'll take samples that day and start looking. Fungi hyphy are distinct looking and the stronger the fungi the easier it is to notice the masses of hyphy.
      I think I'm good. Just don't want to throw out $20 worth of product. Probably me just over thinking stuff like always.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Protects against non beneficial fungus. Aids with endomycorrhizal

Man it was like 2 days looking for this info. Google search is becoming ass because all I got was "but this, but that" results rather than answers.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X