To trim or not to trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To trim or not to trim

What’s everyone’s opinion? Outdoor soilless grow. Do I trim the lower part of the plant or just let it buck. I’ve heard people going both ways on outdoor grows so curious whatever people on here think and do. She’s a Bluedream.
    Attached Files

It appears to me you have done some topping and a little bit of training already.

They have only started to preflower by the looks of it so I would give lolly popping a go now and remove all below about the 3rd or 4th node from the top to encourage it to put all into the stuff up top...the buds.

They are looking good!
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I do lolly popping on mine. I have 2 that i've tied down some branches on like yours and on all of them i've removed lower branches like Bluey said. There's probely more i can do but i wait till flowering starts now. These are some pics of prior years the 3rd is current grow. As you've now experienced it's a long 4-6 months of growing so i take my time and thin out centers and whimpy branches.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Great foundation for some whopper buds there @SoOrbudgal

Love your work

Edit. Now all you need is for the Gods to be kind to you and give you decent weather

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the compliment 1st pick was during a awful forest fire we had when i lived in the forest, since moved now.

Nice example of how to trim one up. I can see them buds getting fat. When i grew outside it was grem, plant, water, harvest and RUN.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X