Week 5 Flower, Some Fade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 Flower, Some Fade

This has technically been the most successful grow when it comes to size and frost (clones flowering better than they did prior - changed from powder amendments to mega crop--first time). There are still about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks left, so growth should be even better, unless something is off.

What do y'all think, are leaves dying off too early? Definitely looks like nitrogen is either depleted, or they are eating much more than I am feeding. Buds are still getting larger, and continuing to stack. However, I do know if I loose too much leaves bud growth will slow down. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Yes it dies look like nitrogen deficiency.
    What's your EC do you know? Should be highest now.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed they need to feed

The prior feeding before last night (4.5g Mega Crop) was around 950ppm. Last night I upped the dosage to 5g Mega Crop (closer to 1000ppm--tap is 250). I pretty much feed every other day. Should I be raising slowly (1/2 a g) instead of quicker (a full g) as to avoid toxicity, or raise quicker watching out for dark glossy leaves or burn, and then back off? Never really done synthetics before this grow.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      PPM can be measured in a couple of different ways so dunno.

I did a little research and I believe the tds meter I am using is close to Hanna conversions, so 1.9ec. I will confirm later today by making a test mix. Apparently the meter can show EC but I'm slow so I thought it would read out as #EC not #us/cm lol

What EC should I be pushing in your opinion if my current ec was 1.9?

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Well depends a little on what you are using and the genetics but I have always done it too low on some plants and had problems with them. I've only done 2 indoor grows using nutes and coco.

I'd be aiming for 1.8 to 2.2 Max. If you are at 1.9 subtract your tap and that's your number. My water EC is 0 before I add nutes. The higher your EC of your water before nutes the more difficult it becomes. I think you need to research that and get info from the nute manufacturer and the seed supplier which will allow you to dial it in as best you can.

Is catching rainwater an option for you?

Nope, that wouldn't be viable simply going off the amount of water I need vs. how much it actually rains here.

I am going to try 5.5g, which should be about 2.05-2.09. Technically mega crop feeding says it should be 6g from week 5 on, and I was at 4g the beginning of week 5. I just figured nute companies do tend to have higher than needed feeding amounts.

The other problem I am having right now is checking pot weight. I've never had this sorta problem before, but the plants are so top heavy the weight of the pot is being thrown completely off from what I'm used to lol

I want to thank you for the responses! Really appreciated.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      The advice of half flower nutes during flower that gets bandied about a lot just does not work for 1 if my strains at all and the others can struggle also.

I think plant mass (size) has a lot to do with it as well as auto or photo. I really need to be giving very close to the recommended amount as I've run into strife on 2 grows across 7 plants to varying degrees. Yes, I have had pH issues also but not when nute deficiency first became apparent.

I also think strong LED's with the latest diodes and spectrum is really pushing plants hard which would require more nutes to keep up.

Just an update. I just wanted to let you all know y'all were right when saying they were hungry. There is still a tiny bit of fade but at the normal expected rate for their age, no where near as much as they were dropping before. So I want to say thanks! 😁

I could probably get away with adding that last 1/2g of mega crop, but they are doing well, with both size and density, and I am not watering to run off so I don't want to risk buildup. They are now going on seven weeks this Tuesday. It should be another two weeks at the most.

Here is an updated picture. The amount of support ties I have needed to use is insane; I definitely see the potential of using a scrog net!
    Attached Files

Comment

The ones up the back are filling in. Before they were spindly and larfy looking. Front left was always looking good but overall things are progressing nicely it looks.

I'd give good runoff once or twice a week, just to clean out a bit.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• Thebeginning1989
        Thebeginning1989 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's weird actually. The back left are definitely thinner than the rest, but insanely dense.

I will test the next grow with more runoff. I did buy a wet/dry shop vac for that reason after all.

Where I'm at now is trying to decide whether to pull back on nutrients these last two weeks. I know end of grow flushing being a requirement has been disproven, but I've read mixed things about too much nitrogen at the end possibly having an effect on taste... and Mega Crop is nitrogen heavy.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X