Newbie Here - Mistake #1: Miracle Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Here - Mistake #1: Miracle Grow

Hi - I'm a relatively new smoker and new grower. I've made several mistakes so far starting with using Miracle Grow Potting soil. I didn't do enough research, and now my first grow will
    be pretty much a learning experience. I have 5 plants from feminized seeds from Catskill Seed Co. They all germinated promptly and I started them in seed pots. I probably left them in there too long
    (another mistake is not keeping detailed records from the beginning...) and planted them in 12 in pots. Three of them took off, two didn't seem to be moving - one was because I used a pot that had no drainage.
    It was out in the rain and was full of water when I realized the problem. I moved the plants into my shed with a makeshift tent and a 2000w grow light (18 hrs on at about 75% about 30in away from plants).
    The two stragglers are improving, but mushrooms are beginning to come up.
    So - is there anything I can do to counter the Miracle Grow? And what about the mushrooms?

Thanks in advance!!
    Mike

Autos or photos? 2000w means nothing it's probably a 100w from the wall? You got bug damage fill those pots up or transplant them into bigger pots and get some different potting mix. Cheap won't get those many plants under that light healthy an big if there photoperiod. It may do 1 plant but buds won't form well. Sorry man it's a waste if you don't have at least 250watt draw from the wall with LED an that many plants. Mushrooms are'nt a bad thing i get them at times in my composted soil.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I got plenty of mushrooms, fungus gnats and a bed of green algae growing on top of 100% coco early on as I was giving them too much water too often.
      Didn't seem to impact the grow results wise but likely slowed them down a bit in the first 3 or 4 weeks or so.
      What is the make and model of your light?
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Don't fertilize them and do some flushes over the next two weeks to diminish the miracle. The problem with miracle grow is that it is too much for too long... Some people here use it so search the site here and see what you find. Good luck. Try to find out what the real wattage is for your lights. Not the "equivalent" wattage. Then we might have some advice on that. Welcome to the group.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Thanks for your responses! Some more info - the seeds are autoflowering, and the light is a Spider Farmer SF2000 which says it's 200 watts.
          I should've kept better records - don't know exactly how long it's been since I germinated the plants. But they have been doing nicely under the light.
          What do I do about the bug damage? And i'm leery about transplanting them - will flushing be enough? And just so I'm straight, flushing means adding water and letting it drain out? How long should that be done? I'm never been much of a gardener, so some of the process is a little foreign to me...

Comment

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            This is a great site. All you have to do search flushing. I'm assuming your pots are about 5 gallon pots. Are your plants bug free now? If so then you have some leaves with holes, no worries. If not, search on how to get rid of the bugs, do it, then don't worry about it. Leaves don't repair but still work.

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            Re your light. I've grown two plants with 230 watts so maybe what you have will do something. If you want to keep all 5 I think screen-of-green (scrog) technique may be for you but I've never done that way so search that too.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Ohhh that's a good light i thought you had a cheapo knock off. So many new growers fall for that. Autos well no don't transplant just fill the pots up more for now with potting soil not MG.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X