Cold water flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold water flush

It seems this fuckeduphippy don't know everything. Question: Whats anybody opinion or thoughts on cold water flush, harvest soon, pistils just beginning to show color, so I got at least a couple more days upto maybe a week. Thanks

It gives me goosebumps thinking about it
    EDIT. Theory is shocking the plant will produce an increase in essential oils.
    A 3 day period of dark does look promising.
    Some say hit it with UV. I'm not on that thinking.
    Some report good results with molasses
    How much water are they taking? See if you can go till they stop drinking.
    Is ya camera broken?
    Last edited by Bluey; 07-06-2023, 11:16 PM.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

At least one thought is not positive, thanks

Comment

The shocking your plant into bigger trichromes and oils is what I have read, wonder if anyone has actually tried it.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do it with suppliments, climate, light or dark...hell even harvesting..what's better and do they work...as above

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Trichomes are chemically expensive. They need resources energy and time. If you could grow oils in 3 days it would make no sense having to flower for 8 to 10 weeks.

Stress can promote growth in certain phases for not at the very end of life. Cold water gets the plant purple cause it's hard to move around and reduces the plant metabolism. Just like winter/ autumn does to trees

Haven't done cold water flush but I've heard all the same stuff others have mentioned, and to bring out colours. Same dude told me you can just chuck ice cubes on top of your medium and they'll melt throughout the day, although I'm a bit hesitant to try that haha.

I did get a few real cold nights (low 50s) while flushing just before I harvested and purples came out in like 2 days, 3rd grow of the strain and didn't even know the pheno had it in her!
        2.5x2.5x6' tent
        2x 55w COB veg, 400w HPS flower
        Coco/perlite with mycorrhizal mix in fabric bags
        2-part base nutes + veg/bloom boosts, bud boost, calmag
        Carbon filter/exhaust, 6" oscillating fan, usb static fan
        Gear and controllers for heat/humitidy used as needed

Strain unknown

Comment

Give it a go show us some before an after pics. I can't recall anyone here ever trying it. Be polite will ya?
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This is an interesting idea, I've never thought of it. I don't really believe that such short term techniques will result in significantly better weed. However, I may try the ice cubes on soil trick and see what happens to the colors. As I have multiples of each strain, I can do a good side by side comparison.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X