Holy Side Branching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Side Branching!

Has anyone ever seen this before? In your opinion, think it is worth flowering still? Every budsite immediately(quick!) turns into a side branch. This had made the plant extremely lanky. Since I am not using a scrog, I'm definitely going to have to use bamboo stakes and do some side branch trimming since they are shooting every which way into each other. Also, the plant is going to take up a lot of room while probably producing small nugs and I think nug quality will suffer since there is a lot of space between top buds and lower buds (horrible spacing). Strain is Blueberry Cupcake from Humboldt Seed Co

What do you think?
    Attached Files

Can you put it outdoors and let it flip that way?
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Lol well... Nope, not possible, maybe. Thinking about maybe closing it up or forcing it to have less of a spread using bamboo stakes. Whatever happens, probably not cloning it again. It grew the exact same way the first time as well.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard you get that with clones...

I would tie a string around the entire plant. Bringing the branches together, lollipoping the lower growth and flip as soon as possible. The plant will stretch a lot in flowering so be ready to manage height. But I wouldn't be surprised if it actually filled the empty space once in flowering. You can always do some super cropping. Very carefully. Just to reduce the height of the talles branches and redistribute growth hormones to the lower sites

Comment

What kind of light you using and how far away from the plants is it?

Comment

There are 2x 300w in that tent, maybe 20-24 inches away. The plant was under a 350w at the same distance while growing. The problem is, the first plant (this is a clone) was under a 750w (dimmed, 500-600 ppfd) and did the same thing. I'm guessing it's a cultivar specific trait, one that I rather not keep around, due to growing inside tents, unless it shows me something amazing in flower lol

Going to take 9fingerleafs suggestion, and see how it goes.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X