Projects and Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is back on track!!

After I freaked out the other day, I ended up giving the gorilla glue 10 tsp of dolomite lime and watered in with 6.8 pH water with GH Trio fertilizer at 1/4 the feeding recommendation. I know there's plenty good stuff in the soil. I just wanted something instant to get her going while the soil gets adjusted with the lime. She had responded well. Plenty new flowers all over the place. Grew about an inch in 3 days and getting some color back. She still has a month to go so if this keeps up, she'll give me some decent buds.

The Bruce banners on the other hand. 2b the one I accidently topped is growing huge! She only had 8 top colas so that's where she focuses all her energy.
    1b on the other hand has much more flower sites and has a main top so the flowers aren't as big but more of them.

I watered both of them today and 2b has 6.2 runoff with 7.0 going in and 1b had 5.8 so we're at where we want to be. The dolomite lime really helped. Really hating Fox farm happy frog soil lately. But having a much better go with the Bruce banner than with the gorilla.

I got my canna coco so I'll be planting People punch Auto in the basket into the amended coco. From everything I've been reading and listening to, the Coco is maybe better to grow in. Whether your like synthetics or dry amendments or living soils, you can use Coco as the base and just add all the other stuff yourself. I also have some shit coco brick I used for one run off mushrooms and realized it's crap. I can use that to practice flushing and buffering the Coco.
    This seems like the better way for me because I build my own soil in my garden but for indoor because I didn't want bugs, I bought bagged soil. Maybe building my own with the Coco as a base will give me even better results without fighting soil acidity the whole way through.

But yeah hopefully smooth sailing going forward! Happy growing!
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
    🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
    🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
    🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
    🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
    🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo
    🪴 MAC1 x Blue Dream 3x (crossed Blimburn)*Regular
    🪴 End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics)*Regular

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 1x

Comment

Oh I also checked the EC. I got an Inkbird TDS meter since I'll be using coco. I figured it's important. But I checked the runoff for 2b @ 6.2pH I got an EC of 3.1(3120)and the other Bruce banner 1b @5.8pH I got an EC of 3.8(3799). So for soil it seems like it's for plenty nutrients and looking at the 1b, she's got claws all over. It's definitely a bit spicy in there.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Another week another update.

First off the Purple Punch auto is coming along. She's 7 days old. So far so good Another day or 2 and I'm going to stick the whole cup into the coco... Never used Coco before..... Let's hope the canna coco goes better than the fox farm soil. I'm excited and nervous. With soil, I know to expect acidic issues and more or less how to deal with it. With Coco, I don't know if I'm going to have these issues or new issues or no issues. I'm going to aim for 6.0 to 6.2ph but if I fall down to 5.6 like I have with the soil, it shouldn't be as harsh as the soil. I've just been CRAMMING knowledge and Coco and how to grow in it. I think I logged 106 hours on YouTube last week. Listening to podcasts during work and at home. I want to try to avoid any surprises and just have some smooth sailing.

Second MYCORRHIZE WORKS!! Just look at the Bruce banner compared to the gorilla glue. The Bruce banner were double innoculated with mycorrhize. First time was when I planted the seed on a bed of mycorrhize and then the psuedo transplant into the bigger container. The Gorilla Glue on the other hand, I had planted and sprouted without the mycorrhize (only soil drenched some in not sure about the effectiveness with a soil drench)and just wow what a difference it makes. The Bruce banner is so much easier to take care of and less nutrition problems even though I see red stems all over, it doesn't seem to be effecting the plant as much. Meanwhile with the Gorilla glue, any dip in pH and right away there's nutrient lockouts because of acidity.

The gorilla is bouncing back. The yellow leaves were all too far gone I think to come back. But the bud growth is just off the charts. There's new buds all over the place. Flowers popping up, buds getting fatter. If she keeps it up, then in about 3+ weeks I'll have some half decent stuff but there's the Bruce banner

​​​​​​​The Bruce is about 10 days away from 1 month. The structure of the flower is amazing! The smells... Amazing!! They're both going strong. While 2b is putting on 6 really nice fat colas, 1b has that one laying top cola that's leaps and bounds past the other flowers on that bush.

​​​​​​​The third thing.... WOW that room smells good. When I walk in, the first thing I get smacked in the face with it's all the minty smells from the Bruce banner and then the chemical kinda gassy smell from the gorilla next. From just 3 plants I can't believe the smells. My biggest regret for the gorilla. I should have used a trellis net. Same with the Bruce banner. It would have made it much more manageable plus a more even canopy. I'll be doing it in the future.

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

An update on my father's plants. I think he gave them some miracle grow out something because they came back to life. The 2 males are piling on the balls while the female plant finally looks like it's starting to come into bloom. With the 2 males on both sides, it's going to be a pollen bukkake fest out there🤣. It's crazy how tall that male is. Another foot and it'll be as tall as me and I think they're in maybe half gallon containers. This is why I wish I could grow outdoors. I might try an auto outside in between my cucumber trellis. They shouldn't be visible there. I have some freebie Acapulco Gold Auto seeds. I'm not particularly interested in that cultivar I've had it a couple of times I never liked it..... But then again it wasn't the best of quality so maybe growing my own may change my mind. But that's for next year.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

It's only been rooting for 2 weeks and so many roots already!!
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

The Bruce is technically 3 weeks into bloom on week 4..... There's something amazing going on here though. You can see it in the buds! 😍😍
              Last edited by No3odiesShad0w; 08-07-2023, 01:50 AM.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

So I've been working on something new ... Like always. I started a purple punch Auto using coco as the base instead of using Fox Farm Happy Frog. The purple punch is 3x the size of the Bruce banner and it's only on day 18 of life. HOW BIG WILL IT GET IN A 4 GALLON POT????? It hasn't even started stretching yet and it's already growing over an inch a day. (I'll be starting a new thread for the purple punch because I'm also doing time lapse video... My first ever time lapse...... For everyone's enjoyment. Because who doesn't love a tone lapse of a plant growing?? I'm just so amazed at the growth so far. I never had anything close to this in soil. And and and ... NO RED STEMS. By now in the FFHF soil I already have red stems and soil acidity issues by day 20. But not with the Coco!!!!!

I keep running into soil acidity issues. I loaded the Bruce banner with about 15 tsp of dolomite lime about 2 weeks ago and I check the runoff yesterday and I'm back down to 4.8 pH. It's just mind boggling ....... How much dolomite lime do I need to adjust this? I ended up flushing basically all the nutrients I added yesterday and had to add everything back in but it's still going to need a few days to break down before the plants can use it. Will they recover? They have 3 more weeks to go..... I HATE THIS SOIL. Literally 2 days ago I noticed some fading and some spotting on the leaves so I gave it some fertilizer......2 days later this is how it looks...... Same problem different grow. I'm not even going to show you the gorilla glue. It's embarrassingly ugly.

I'm completely finished with Fox farm. It's just been struggle after struggle. The soil is super acidic. Fighting that acidity is a constant struggle and takes all the enjoyment out of growing because you're always stressing about the pH level and plants looking stressed because of the acidity. I'm done with it. The Coco looks super promising so I'll be trying that in the next few runs.

The purple punch is taking the place of the gorilla and I'm going to be starting the tangie and the blue dream seeds in a few days. Starting in coco... Also starting in the final pot so that I don't transplant. I'm hoping to have the biggest plants I've ever grown with these next few grows using coco.

That's all for now. Happy growing!
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

OMG are these ladies looking and smelling AMAZING!!! I can't wait until I can smoke some. August 31st will be 84 days since sprout. So the time is getting closer and they put on weight daily. The buds are rock solid. And that minty smell is just heavenly!!! This grow want very well. A few bumps in the road but nothing more then bumps. They are definitely much bigger than what I got in 2.5 gal containers. I wish I could say the same for the gorilla glue.

The gorilla glue is on day 106 and I just can't get the trichomes to get cloudy. She looks bad. There's maybe an ounce or 1.5oz of airy buds. There's a lot, they have a lot of trichomes but it just doesn't look great and it's way past due. I lost the battle with the soil acidity. I didn't front load with the dolomite lime and it went super acidic. For the Bruce, I front loaded the soil with a tablespoon per gallon, which wasn't enough, but it was enough to make a small enough difference until I added more. Maybe if I decide to grow with soil in the future, I'll put much more into the initial soil mix and should have even better results. For now, I think I'm going to do a few runs with Coco.

Today, I planted my next run. Seeds from 420FastBuds. Tangie autoflower (Tangie O'matic) and their Blue Dream auto!!! Super hype about these 2 cultivars. I grew a blue dream about 2 years ago and then I cloned 4 plants from her and lost everything to spider mites. Only had one harvest. The mom 😢. I loved the smoke so much. The high was fantastic so I had to grow it again. Tangie on the other hand, I had an ounce of one time and listening to music on this strain was just amazing. I wrote my best songs during that time and had the best inspiration from it. So I really wanted to grow some.
                  I'm growing these in coco again since the purple punch is going so well. Added perlite, compost, earthworm castings, insect frass, kelp meal. The seed starter is Coco, perlite, castings and kelp meal. That should feed them until week three and a bit further but I'll be top dressing around week 3 or tea . The buds website says they're both heavy feeders and want lots of nutrients and grow up to 4 feet tall indoors.... So I'll def be ScROGing these girls. They won't be finished until November but they'll be fully cured for Christmas and new years so that will be a great gift to myself!!

After this grow will FINALLY be the Mandarin Zkittlez that I'm just dying to grow. I love that cultivar so much it's my current favorite but the dispensary quality is slipping so I want to grow my own stash.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That pick of the 3 plants, the one on the right has just packed those buds on. They look big and dense. Great job

• No3odiesShad0w
                    No3odiesShad0w commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The gorilla glue finally packed some weight. Just waiting to chop. It's close. It's like 50% cloudy. So I'm just gonna chop when the tangie and blue dream pop so they can take the space. It's not a complete loss. If I dry and cure it properly, I'll have some decent smoke. Until I get the Bruce. That will be some top shelf smoke

She filled in and self manicured itself too 🤣🤣. I'm gonna have very little trimming to do with this one. I have a feeling the seeds are going to pop tonight. So she's gonna get chopped today or tomorrow. I have the perfect weather right now for drying and curing. It will be easy to keep that 62%. The soil acidity won but it's not a complete loss.

The Bruce banner though 🤤🤤 I even dreamt last night that I smoked some and ended up riding some comets out in space . I hope it's one of those premonition dreams where it all comes true because it looks delicious it smells delicious I absolutely cannot wait. I think this is going to be one of those that I only cure for 2 weeks before I give it a try. Love a good Bruce banner joint. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Gonna have maybe 4 ounces between the 2 plants. I even spread the branches yesterday to get more light in on the lower branches. She's gonna be great!!
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

So I chopped the gorilla glue today because I needed the space for the next 2 autos. She's 16.6oz wet. I put her in my little curing tent and I have the room at 60% humidity 72° I can't wait for the Bruce. OMG it looks so great.
                    for once things are working out!! I seem to have learned from my mistakes. With a nice cure on this gorilla glue, I'm sure it will be fine. It smells great, it's sticky, the trichomes are all cloudy. It's not a loss and it's all for me anyways. At least it's smokable not like some of my past grows 😅 but the reason those were bad was because I gave up on them because they weren't to my liking and botched the dry and cure. If I cured it correctly, it could have been like the bubble gum and Haze I been smoking on. It's not the best but it gets me nice and high. Now that I have an AC infinity humidifier, drying should be easy. That thing has been keeping the humidity really stable compared to the budget Amazon one. I'm aiming for 10 days minimum. 14 days is my goal but with the bud already manicured in sure I'll be closer to 10 days

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

The humidity these past few days has been all over the place. So much rain. I kept having these house swings so what I decided to do since the blooming plants don't need 60% humidity. I put the probe and the hose on the humidifier this way I can keep it at 60% in my little "curing tent" it's been keeping things a lot more stable. Still worried about all the water vapor in that small space but I have to test it out on my not so great weed so I get it perfect on the great stuff that's coming in 2 weeks time
                      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Some pictures of the 2 Bruce's they're looking like 2 weeks away from harvest. The one I accidently topped has some MASSIVE buds with huge flowers just busting out of every corner. I never seen anything like it before. The other Bruce is looking good too but it's still getting all the spotting on the leaves and getting dry but it's still fattening up. I can't wait. I'm going to have a solid supply of good flower. I love this cultivar. For sure you'll see me growing a Bruce banner in the future. But I'll be growing it in coco most likely. All depends on the purple punch. So far it's looking very promising. This stuff should be ready to smoke October ish maybe sooner. So hype about it.
                        that's all for now. Happy Growing!
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
                          Bluey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm keen to grow some of those Bruce Banners one day as well as some Gorilla Glue. The buds on those 2 strains, judging by peoples pics here, look very very similar to what I have been growing for years.
                          My last grow I'm now getting some sweet mango from one of the plants and it really is a joy to smoke. It's been quite a few years since I last experienced it.
                          Have you been supplementing with cal/mag?

• No3odiesShad0w
                          No3odiesShad0w commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bluey. I highly recommend growing some Bruce banner. It's in my top 5 favorite. The smell, taste and quality of the high are top notch. It's got a very uplifting minty buzzy high but surprisingly well grounded. As far as call mag goes... Yes? In the form of dolomite lime. These are the soil grows so I was loading them with dolomite lime but apparently not enough to help the acidity but enough to get some nice flower

• No3odiesShad0w
                          No3odiesShad0w commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm gonna be growing some Bruce banner again next year for sure. But I'll probably get a photoperiod. The autos grow too small and stubby

Just wow. I filled a whole 4L CVault with the Gorilla Glue Blogs It doesn't look great but it's sticky and it smells great. It's all very larfy. The soil acidity definitely won on this one. But 4.48oz on an autoflower grown in acidic soil... Not too shabby. 7 days drying.... Because it's so larfy,I didn't want to over dry. Now it's in the Cvault with a hygrometer.

The Bruce banner has maybe a week to go. I'm starting to see Milky trichomes pop up all over.
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Man i do love the GG strain. I've had many of larfy grows especially outdoors with later season harvest. But still very enjoyable smoke for personel use. So happy for you it feels so good to have a stash.

• No3odiesShad0w
                          No3odiesShad0w commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I haven't been to the dispensary in a month. That's over 1000 saved and I invested maybe 100 per plant and I get 3oz + now I have 3 different cultivars. Soon the Bruce. No more paying crazy prices at the dispensary

I chopped the Bruce banner!
                        13.7oz wet from 1B
                        10.8oz wet from 2B the one I accidently topped

After dry and trim it's probably going to be more around 2.5oz and 2oz more or less.

Should be ready to smoke in October!!!! Super excited about these ... They smell amazing and look amazing!
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Ckbrew
                          Ckbrew commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks good. harvest is the final cut.

• No3odiesShad0w
                          No3odiesShad0w commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you Ckbrew I'm very very pleased with these compared to the last Bruce Banner. Weight wise it could have been better. (Combined I'll have around 3-4.5 oz final weight) It's on my Top 5 list so.....the more the merrier!! I'll probably grow some more Bruce Banner next year

Just a quick update on my father's plant. Lolol I think he might be trying to get seeds or maybe the male fell over by itself. He looks like he's going to have plenty seeds. Aside from that's it's growing!
                        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X