Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Lime juice and nutrients

Hello.
    I'm relatively new to growing and I have a couple seedlings that are a few weeks old and everything's going well so far . My tap water is about 9 ph. I figured I'd use Lime juice since I already have that on hand, lower the water ph to about 7 then add dynagrow foliage pro.I'm wondering if there is any adverse reaction to treating my water to lowering the PH of the tap water I use and using nutrients at the same time

Hey Atriax and welcome

I use lemon juice to pH down, no issues.

It will of course depend what nutes you use. Best way is to test a mix. Add nutes to water then slowly pH it down...dilute the citric acid at least 50/50 with water first then add a few drops and measure..once you achieve your desired pH seal the container and store it for a week then retest. You are testing for stability so hopefully you get a very similar reading. If you do you are good to go.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Ok so the nutes I'm using are dyna grow foliage pro and then later dynagrow bloom. I forgot to mention that I'm growing in soil, specifically coco coir by foxfarms. I have 2, 5-gallon pots currently going. All Indica if that matters. The whole setup is pretty much this websites beginner's guide.

Also when you say testing for stability wdym by that? What am I looking for?
      Last edited by Atriax; 07-03-2023, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Soils ain't soils
        I have as much idea if you can use that combination without testing the setup first.
        I have had incompatibility problems with nute/suppliment/citric acid combinations cause me issues with rising pH over time in my nute tank...I had it automated so I coukd be away for a week.
        Even if I was watering by hand it would eventually cause the same problem in the medium and nute lockout at the roots.
        I need to find a compatible cal suppliment...mag is easy.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        coco is not soil, the problem I had with lemon juice was the PH would climb back to what it was before in 24 hours, so I use sulfuric acid now.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        As Rwise has pointed out. There are lots of factors at play here so trial and error approach. It might work fine for you, it might not.

Testing the ph of your run off water will help you know what ph the coco actually is at the roots

Comment

Save yourself the hassle and headache. If you can afford it, get bottled pH up and down. You're already using bottled nutrients. They're usually designed to work well with the pH up and down. Lemon/lime juice will work. .... For a few hours. After that the pH will creep back up slowly to the pH you started with.
        I tried using lemon juice and baking soda to pH my water and i had SO MANY problems. The lemon/like juice works. It's just not stable. Ever since I went back to just using a drop of pH down for 2L of water, the pH has been a lot more stable. I've noticed the yields increase, the size of the leaves, and overall health.
        PH is important. Especially when growing in coco much more so than moss based soil. Coco also has nice pH swings when the medium gets too dry. So watering might be something to check as well.
        Hope that helps! Happy growing!
        Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
        🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
        (The Uncle Grandpa)
        🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
        🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
        🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
        🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
        http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

Lemon juice (citric acid) works perfectly fine with the base nutes I am using. It will hold its pH in the nute tank with little change over a week....say 0.03pH variance max change.
          When I added a micro cal/mag suppliment everything changed and in a 6 day period it went from 6.2 to 7.1. I use pure rainwater which I can't measure but with a tiny amount of nute it normally comes in around 5.8 but varies low 5's to mid/high 6's typically.
          So many things are at play it's best to test it and see what happens.
          Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
          Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
          Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
          Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
          Last Grow: A mix

Comment

If it works out works. Everyone has different water. For me it was a nightmare to deal with.
            Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
            🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
            (The Uncle Grandpa)
            🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
            🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
            🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
            🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
            http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

GH pH plus has potassium carbonate as it's active ingredient. The pH minus has phosphoric acid. Both are beneficial once they're neutralized.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X