humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humidity

My buds are starting to grow but I am not sure what level of humidity they should have.
    Any help would be useful because this is the first girl I have grown.
    Thanks in advance

Ideally (and what's ideal?) humidity should come down through the entire grow cycle and be adjusted for the current temperature. Google "cannabis VPD" if you're in to the complexities otherwise maybe 50% at the start of flowering down to 35% at the end.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Thank you 90Gizmo. This tells me that my humidity levels are too high. I will need to find a way to bring them down.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        You can bring down humidity 2 main ways. Ventilate with air from outside your grow area that has lower humidity or use a dehumidifier in your lung room or pre-chamber or even in your grow room. Dehumidifiers do add heat although not much. A desiccant dehumidifier will not work you'll need one with a compressor.
        Other ways to reduce humidity is with an air conditioner and also by adding heat.
        Edit. What size do you need?
        A loose rule of thumb is if you are watering a gallon per day you need a dehumidifier that will exceed that. Personally I have a 13gal/day dehumidifier and was watering almost 5 gal/day and it worked well in a partially sealed grow room with an AC controlling temps and also lowering humidity a bit as well.
        Last edited by Bluey; 07-01-2023, 05:53 AM.

Hi finders In addition to what Bluey is saying check out the link. If you haven't already check out the GWE site. Nebula and Sirius have a knowledge data base second to none. You will be hard pressed to find a more comprehensive web site for home cannabis growers than growweedeasy.com.

Learn how to control humidity in the cannabis grow room to get faster growth and better yields!

Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

You guys are great, really helpful. I can't thank you enough. I have just ordered a dehumidifier (compress type) which can be set from 30% to 80%. so that should help. Also, I notice Bluey that you are watering a hell of a lot more than I have been doing. Perhaps that is why my bloom is going so slowly..

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        My fertigation (watering with nutes in it) was for 4 large plants in 50 litre pots in 100% coco medium. It was a tad more than required if they were all fit and healthy, but they weren't. Got just under 4lb from that grow. Don't change anything with your grow based on how I grow. It was only my second indoor grow and I'm making plenty of fuck ups but learning fast.

Thanks,Bluey. I understand. I was watering too little and I still don't know how often I should water with the nutes or just water?

Comment

A mixture of soil, peat-free compost and perlite

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not an indoor soil guy...the soil I used to use outdoors didn't need nutes added to it and watered twice a week was fine.
        How you manage your grow in your soil will be different to other types of soils and grows.

Thanks, Bluey. You've been a real help.
      golfnri - that link answers all of my watering questions. Thank you so much.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X