Humidifier position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidifier position

Hi again all, a few ladies ready to go…Q about humidifier’s…I’ve seen set ups with the hose fed through the top vents pumping down towards the plants from the top of the tents (above fans) and also seen set ups with the humidifier positioned in the bottom vent so more around the plants much closer…to me I would go for the bottom but as a newbie I’m looking for your thoughts…

TIA
    HDK​

Mines positioned below and in front of a pedestal fan to help disperse the mist, but I don't really need it much as it never gets that dry here
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I put a small pot of water with a replacement humidifier wick in front of the fan. Mid-winter when I have to get serious I run a small but real humidifier inside the tent with a larger one outside the tent (near an intake vent) to suck in moist air when the exhaust vent comes on. I think the reason you have questions is that pretty much anything works.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I try to control humidity in the lung room. But sometimes that's not enough and when I need to I put a small evaporative humidifier inside the tent. I like the evaporative humidifier because it doesn't blow mist.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
        Autopot system
        : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I guess sometimes you should just have a go and enjoy the process, I mean it’s not hard to get hold of seeds these days…I think I obsess on getting it right sometimes rather than enjoying the trial and error part of it all…I think I found my sweet spot in the tent today, all humidity/heat and light levels seem pretty bang on. I’ve found the love for growing pretty soon in,

Thanks for your reply’s, I’ll let you know how these guys go..
          3 White widow
          3 Blueberry matic
          3 Orion
          3 Tangerine tango

Weather is abit hit and miss here atm but going for a few outdoors

HDK

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you. I found out I really like growing my own smoke. I've not grown but one strain at a time. I have planned one more grow with a single strain and then I'm going to try a grow with a couple of different ones. We'll see how that goes.

12 seems like a lot of plants to take care of. Tell us about your set up.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't grow more than one strain at a time without compromising the grow too much.

If you're manually feeding them you can reduce that a lot but my system is setup so I can be away from my grow a week at a time and I only have the one nute tank so in the end it impacted yield and quality. I had to pull the pin early because of the nute stresses they were put through and I couldn't get the climate in the sweet spot for the final push.

My seed bank of the 4 different strains I have got mixed up so lucky dip on the last two grows which made things very difficult

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X