Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late flower deficiency or ready to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late flower deficiency or ready to harvest?

Click image for larger version

Name:	InShot_20230622_155252839.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	598163 Long story on the grow and I plan to make a post on it but a question before I do that. I'm thinking calcium deficiency but what do you think? Deficiency or ready to harvest? Should I chop the one with the issue or try to correct it? I'm on super soil and everything else should be spot on for the grow. I am 9 weeks since 12/12 and the trichomes are cloudy and potent. Is it worth correcting? I am here for bulk but I don't want to lose the plant or quality. They are all still growing great so I'm wondering if correcting it will be worth the yield at this late stage. All of them were from the same soil, same age, and watered from the same supply. Yes I know..... More details may point out other issues but I just am wondering if it's worth the effort at this point! Don't mind the bottle....I'm logging my grow based off of pics before I make a notebook.

You're obviously getting close. My call would be if you're still managing temps and humidity nicely to correct and push another two weeks or so. If you're having trouble with that I'd be looking at harvesting sooner.
    The bottom/ front left plant still looks quite a way off yet though.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Thanks i appreciate it. I know it's a vague post but I've never been able to go full finish so it's a debate to cut them, or at least the one that's turning. It's been a long grow and learning with this one also. Just was thinking keep a watch on the sugar leaves and if they yellow much more to pull her. These have been such a fun grow. Just bag seed. Said to be gorilla cookie .

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        The health of your flower is everything and just looking at it from a pic you can't tell a lot.
        If your environment is where it needs to be and it's still drinking and your medium is not getting water logged and you can see new growth developing on the flower over time I'd take the same approach re the sugars...if temps/humidity is higher than ideal with big buds I'd harvest sooner than ideal but your in the window with that frosty one for sure

I haven't given them any molasses yet and was wondering what you thought about a dose? I have some due in tomorrow. I will use it in the kitchen either way so I ordered some. I figured it could give them a bump if they needed one. I have 6 plants crammed in there but it's nothing I would consider having a large yield. Just a fun project and I'm trying to maximize quality/quantity.

They run at 73-76+ degrees and 42-50% humidity with my setup. I went dry so I lessened chances of rot. Hoping it pans out.

I've been a bad boy and have done a few staged samples to check the potency in the name of science along the way and I want more amber color vs white at this point. I like strong but this is a bit strong for regular use. Not bragging but just pointing out another reason to lengthen the grow.

Thanks again. Long time viewer on here and Nebulas site but I only recently signed on to post. I knew motors from schooling and I taught myself about turbo cars from a forum. Now I can say the internet gave me 2 awesome things in my time. Thanks internet!

Comment

I haven't used molasses before but others have reported positive results.

The strains I grow are low in THC straight off the plant but their effects and strength change substantially once properly cured which normally takes at least 2 to 3 months, at a minimum.

If the strength of yours is quite strong straight away I'd be managing everything forward only for the effects you want.

So I think when you harvest is probably important but the dry/curing will be the clincher as to how they turn out...so a later harvest if you can get there will probably be a good start for the balance you want. I also think you can get there with an earlier harvest but it lowers yields substantially and you're probably too late for that....only recommended if you're struggling I guess and plants stressed too much.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Awesome response. I plan to go 1 harvest in a week, 2 in 2 weeks, and 3 in 3. I found the start of more yellow last night on other ones at different levels so if the trend continues my plan should roll. That means I picked my last sample and the next scissor action should be a fun one. Molasses tonight for the ladies and some for me in the morning for my pancakes.

Comment

Can you lower humidity more?

Are you measuring your EC of your nute mix?

Comment

I can drop it more. How low would you go? I have a controller on my tent vent that would make it happen and I run a dehumidifier outside the tent so it has a dry air supply.

I just use tap water. I have hard water so I use foxfarm ph down in it. About 30 drops per gallon makes it around 6.5 . I use litmus paper to test it so it's a color range and not accurate to the decimal.

My Ph runoff was close to the same input during the grow so I stopped testing it over time. I rarely have any runoff from the fabric pots so no nutrient loss. This super soil is from a local company that composts food from restaurants. The local cannabis market raves about it. Water only from start to finish and these guys supply to the medical market here.

They are in 3 gallon pots so I'm guessing that's why 4 of them are shorter. 4 are about 20-30" tall and 2 are in 10 gallon pots that are about 40" tall (counting greenery height only).

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                42 to 50%RH is good for mid/late flower. Depends on the strain and bud size. Last couple of weeks I try to get it lower to keep away bud rot but you need to watch you don't push temps up.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X