In the beginning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the beginning....

Hello. Now and then I read or hear growers talk about placing their newly germinated seeds directly into their "forever " homes.
    I'm confused with this idea. If they go into 5-7 gal cloth with soils with nutrients, wouldn't this be too hot for freshly germinated seeds? On the other hand, what if the pot is filled with soil specifically for seedlings?

On a side note, has anyone here heard of a newer seed company...it starts with "N" and supposedly bought a growers group on Facebook. ( For details, pm me) thanks

I've done it many times with good quality organic soil not a problem at all. Just water the plant not the pot.

Comment

You can start with a solo cup's worth of starter in the top center of the forever pot.

Comment

This has been my approach for almost all my grows to date using home made composted soils with photos outdoors, popped sprout straight into its home.

I experimented quite a bit using smaller pots and transplanting which made the nursery easier to manage but in the end found I got best results from the above and just left them alone to do their thing.

The soil was really well cooked and only added seaweed extract occassionally in the last 10 weeks.

The worst results I have ever got is using starter plugs...or peat plugs..never again.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x
        Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Do not use soil with nutes already in it. I buy a seprate bag of seedling mix very light fluffy stuff. I put my sprout into it small 2x2 cup with it. Please quit stressing over it, if you've grown a tomatoe you can grow weed. If it's a photo do a transplant into final pot once it's got 3 nodes of leaf, if you don't want to then seed it directly with the LED light way above it, don't fry the sprout. Yes I hate those peat cups and the ones you water like a sponge.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Currently in the middle of my first indoor grow. I have 5 gal fabric pots with Ocean Forest soil, germinated the seed in these from the beginning as I didn't want to deal with transplanting. Worked fine, everything went great until a couple of days before I was going to flip to flower, a whole other story there in itself, but germinating in their forever home worked out great for me, just lightly misted the soil to keep it moist, and didn't start adding nutes till a few weeks later once into veg.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X