First photo grow and I kinda like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First photo grow and I kinda like it

I'm a beginner with 5 auto grows behind me. In that time I've read of folks going from photos to autos and saying it was fussy or harder or something... To me it was just what it was. But now I think in comparison that this photo grow has been a very low stress on me... seems more like growing a houseplant. And fun! I can't believe the growth spurt in just two weeks. Two weeks ago they were just recovering from involuntary neglect. I don't know if they will continue growing at this rate or not but I hope so. I've moved them into a slightly larger tent yesterday where they have more room and get more even light. I'm planning to put them outside in about two weeks which I understand will flip them so I've done nothing to inhibit their height.

Photos: Two weeks ago. New tent yesterday. Two upper leaves blocking light each plant pruned today.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230606_173014.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	6.90 MB
ID:	597971

Name:	20230618_210217.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	597970

Name:	20230619_102338.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	597972
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

90Gizmo, you might want to think about spreading them out some or you will have a mess like mine.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't look like a mess to me... do you lollypop?

What, no training?
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      😆 I'll bet stone sticks in there once they are outside

Yes they will go into flower if the daylight is less than 14hrs. My outdoor photos i top sometimes or not. Sometimes i tie down branches to widen them so sunlight does hit the budsites. But i like shorter photos now ease of handling and if needed move them to follow the sun as the season moves on. It's a long boring 4 months of anticipation. I do spray them for moths/catipillars before i see them. Good luck Gizmo just keep them where they get all day sun. Mine are getting rained on right now, they won't mind but i've got my 4 autos under shelter they are whimps
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Yes they will go into flower if the daylight is less than 14hrs.
      Growing outdoors is interesting and things change depending a lot on weather and climate. The generally accepted theory of 12hrs continual darkness to bring on flower is probably not hard and fast outdoors as I think changing, mostly reducing, DLI combined with increasing hours of darkness and perhaps even reducing temps impact the plants transition to flower, and even impact its sex if those changes stress the plant too much.

Outdoor grows are subject to substantial stress and I always tried to minimise that by getting them outdoors early, moving pots around as little as possible as it can break the finest roots easily if in plastic pots and no transplanting after first leaf. Mind you my last outdoor grow produced 8 out of 8 males so my theories just might be bullshit.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I hadn't planned on training/spreading thinking that would make it harder to carry them outside and I want to be as gentle as possible. That was yesterday. This morning they are rubbing against the side of the tent. No room to spread them out. The greenhouse came yesterday and I wanted to wait for the weekend so my son could help me put it together but I think I need to get on it ASAP.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't always tie down my outdoor just was saying it can be done. Your going to love that greenhouse, mines nothing fancy but it's lasted 6yrs so far serves the purpose to get my veggies and flowers started better than nothing once they get out of the indoor tent in late spring. Also i use it to keep my succulents alive during winter. It's damn cold morning here 44f but suppose to be getting back to summer later in the week upper 90s . Yep my daughter & her friend helped put mine up can't do that on my own. They worked cheap LOL lemon&ginger ice tea is all they wanted LOL.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X