New Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grow

After a long debate on whether or not to keep growing I’ve decided to start a new grow. It’s illegal to grow here and sometimes the paranoia can take over but growing bud makes me happy, plus it keeps the wife mellow ☺️ These are all photoperiod girls from some seeds I had in the fridge (banana and critical are seeds from my very first grow 3 years ago). Grown in coco/perlite with added nutrients and goodness.

I like to tweak or try something new each grow so, Inspired by a post of his flood table from one of the wise masters Mr.furley, it immediately got my brain thinking! so I’ve made my own one to save me having to remove the plants when feeding. Plus it’ll save my aching back!

updates to follow 🪴
    Attached Files

Looking good Mike.
    Keep us in the loop.
    I'm in the same boat here regards to legality but the powers that be tend to turn a blind eye to use and growing for personal use, but....
    I'll be starting grow number three in the next month or so. Learnt a lot on my first two grows so looking forward to this grow but once again it will be a mish mash of strains unless I can get my hands on 3 or 4 fem photo seeds.
    It's a lot of work growing regular seeds then setting the room up for the fem layout for flower. New layout of room coming soon with bigger air-conditioner 🙂
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve never tried regular seeds, I think the pain of getting so far and having to chop them would tip me over the edge. Good on your grow and keep us posted with pics

I was looking at your table, what a excellent way of saving your back. Keep on truckin there fella.

Comment

Transplanted a few days ago without any issues. They got their first light feeding and Light increased from 250w to 400w. Table is working a treat

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Goodluck hope you get at least 1/2 fems

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        They’re all fem seeds

Hi MagicMike66 I like your set up. I like tinkering around with stuff as well. Mr.furley is a wealth of information. His tips have helped me more than once.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Couple of weeks in and they’re starting to look a bit more like plants now

Comment

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what i use. Just started about a year ago indoors. Ive went to starting outside in rapid rooters under a clear dome until i have a true leaf.

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Coco likes to be well fed so make sure you keep it wet at all times for best results. I love rapid rooter too, use them every grow

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          When i use bag seed they pop out running. Just pull up the males and 12/12. Im in the learning portion of indoor. LOL

Plants are Lookin' good. Might I ask about those trays? Where did you get em?
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
        Autopot system
        : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Both types of trays are from a gardening store.

Starting to take off now. Just about onto their 6th nodes which will be time to top them. All have pretty tight node spacing so far hoping for nice chunky plants

Comment

All plants have been topped within the last few days. Training started along with some light defoliation

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your CFM control sticks. Bambo?

• MagicMike66
            MagicMike66 commented
            Editing a comment
            CFM? I’ve no idea what that means

Good hour spent in the tent today tidying up the plants and tying down to open them up. Ran out of tying wire so had to improvise with some string lying around. I always find it handy to leave a bit of the stalks from the fans you remove to give the young stems some support. Probably flip them soon as I’m out of bud and need a re Supply sooner the better

Comment

Tent today just before lights off. All responding well to defol. Planning to flip them in around a week or so once the tops grow out a bit

Comment

Decided to flip the lights to 12/12 as I need bud, my own fault for taking so long to start another grow. Final defoliation of the plants and some more tying down done now just waiting for the flowers to arrive in a week or two. Never done it before but this grow I’ve only been leaving one node set on each branch so far in order to hopefully get no shity side shoots and just neatly stacked colas.. that’s the plan anyway so see how it turns out. Away on vacation for a week soon so hoping no issues. My buddy is feeding them half way through the week and I’m leaving them with slow drop feeders to help keep them at least a bit moist

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll be interested to see how you go just leaving the one node bud site on it and how it develops. I guess it depends a lot on the lighting how many you leave on. I have always left on too many as I hate losing viable bud sites and typically leave on the top three or four or what I think I might be able to get into enough light..which is always too many.

Time for an update after being away for the past 5 days, plants are looking good. The stems are setting (discovered this after snapping 3 of them) and beginning the stretch so I’ve increased the lights to 600w and moved them up a big it to encourage some vertical growth as they’re still pretty short. Gave them a good trim today removing a lot of large fans and a good feeding. Now just patiently waiting for them flowers to appear

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                I do two main trims apart from training and topping during early/mid veg. I trim about a third and will prune a bit before the stretch let them recover then flip...I wait for the stretch to finish and preflowers to form then hit it with the main defoliate and clean up.
                I don't think there is a right or wrong way but I get good yields and happy plants this way.

Keep us informed.

Filling out the tent nicely now. All but one or two plants are showing little budlets and the stretch has well and truly started. Getting kinda bushy in there too but fighting the urge to do a big trim until another couple of weeks or so

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn that second pic looks great Mike. Hang on to the scissors for a bit wait till the budlets show more. Good looking grow

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                That tent looks great.
                Will you use netting and at what point do you plan on getting them off the table back onto the floor of the grow tent?

• MagicMike66
                MagicMike66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bluey I won’t be using a net although I have been thinking about it, maybe next grow. The table will hopefully be in use for the entire grow, it was made to allow me to feed them and leave them to drip dry rather then me waiting to empty the pots etc

At last have some buds to show. Maybe the possibility of some early signs of hermies on the blue cheese but just keeping an eye on it for now

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X