Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves turning bronze and crispy

Help!!
    Im in week 7 of flower. Indoor grow in tent in a stable. 2 400w bulbs. 6 plants. About two week ago they started to turn. Only 4 of them also. There also seems to be a damp smell. Been using bio bizz grow, bloom and now max.

I can't comment on Bio Bizz because I don't use it. It could be a serious Potassium deficiency, but more likely issue is a root problem. What medium? What root zone PH?
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      You aren't cooking them with your lights are you?

Thank you for your response. There in 15l pots of vita link with perlite? What do you mean by root zone PH? Sorry I'm new to this.

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you pH your water going into your plants? The root pH is the pH of water coming out of ur plant

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      You will need to get a PH meter, or the liquid that changes color to tell you the PH. It is a measurement of the 'acidity' in your grow medium. Cannabis likes about PH 6.0 in non soil mixes, and 6.5 in soil. If your PH gets too far from this sweet spot, your plant can't eat properly and gets sick.

To check the PH you water as normal with some runoff out the bottom of your pot and you check the PH of the runoff.

I'll check that then thank you. With me being so close to the end what's the likelyhood this will still be good stuff?
    They are slow drinkers also. Taking about a week o go through 2 litre. Previous they were taking about 3/4 days.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      That's because roots are rotten.

Don't think so as the lights haven't changed the whole time. If anything I raised them a week or so before this happened to make sure they were 50cm away.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Give 'em just plain water. Potassium deficiency looks like, but like you said you are close to the end. Just nurse them along and when your trichomes tell you it is time, then chop them down.

Shall I buy bottle water also then. Is the ph in bottle water ok? Shall I avoid using neauts right up to the end. I was hoping to be about 2-3 week away.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are closer than 2-3 weeks. Looking at your trichomes up close, I'd say more like a week- 10 days. Post a pic without your lights on, then you can see the trichomes in real light.
      If bottled water is all you have, I'm sure it's fine. Do you Ph your water?
      Avoid the nutes. Just plain water will allow your plant to use up the nutes in the soil, as well as in the plant. Purpose of this is to make your smoking pleasure smoother. Nutes still in the plant make the smoke a bit harsher.

I have the same spotting!

Comment

Is it possible that my roots are rotting? I'll take a pic tomorrow and upload.
      Thank you everyone for your comments. Very much appreciated.

Comment

I haven't been testing my water no. I use tap water most of the time but have used bottle water twice.

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          The PH test will tell you what to do.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes this is your priority #1

Oops I think u should look into some resurch on PH with what ever medium your growing in,it will make your harvest a lot happier it's a little to late for those but for future grows.its worth it!lol

Comment

Ph 6.2 with what I have been watering. I have given them a wash through today so will see how things go.
          Thank you all and will update later.

Comment

Even if the leaves get messed up the buds will still be good as long as you make it to harvest! If you haven't been checking the pH of the water going in and out that's definitely where I would start. Incorrect pH is the most common reason to see deficiencies. If its happening most to the leaves closest to the light, it's possible they may want to be a little further away. I hope that helps!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X