Chiquita Banana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiquita Banana

This is my first go at a good Indica. Start date is 5/19/23. seems to have stopped for a minute.Watching my germ and seedling care. This is where i usually screw up. So far its looks OK.
    Attached Files

Looking happy! Some (unasked for) tips :-p

- careful with watering...just a little bit a couple inches from the stem is good just to keep the soil moist. I usually spray them a little as well. They don't really have roots that can do much with water, so at this stage, she's mostly getting water through her leaves.
    - Watch the temps...obviously
    - And the humidity...but don't go crazy
    - And, I always give my seedlings a TON of light! I build a little 'hut' for my seedlings out of white packing foam (that my lights actually came in!) which diffuses the light a little bit. This helps the seedling get used to having lots of light and it is able to adjust early on instead of having to figure out what to do with all the light once you get them pumping. This will also help prevent them from getting all stretchy.

Good luck, keep up what looks like a good job! Hopefully in several months you're rewarded with not only great cannabis, but all sorts of new ideas and things you've learned!
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      Watering seems to be my downfall. I have to remember im the one with cotton mouth. LOL. Getting better though. Ill

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      I,m all about helpful tips AGH, indoor grows seem to need more attention.

LOL that's pretty funny @dirtmike. Ya know i saved a small syringe from my vet last time my pet got sick had to give oral med. I use it to water my seedlings for a week or so. It was a gentle way to water around in a circle
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use exactly the same method

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, it allows for literally 1 ml at a time precision.
      I’m usually watering 3-5ml at a time for my baby plants.
      Every few waterings I make sure to wet the rest of the pot too.

dirtymike you shouldn't use transparent cups. Roots are sensitive to light.

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      I covered up the clear cup after the Pic. Thanks kingfish. Good catch.

Yellowed and died. R.I.P.

Comment

Her we go again.
      Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        The three with white labels are Chiquita banana.

Are you adding nutes to the water you’re giving them? I’ve never seen a seedling go yellow before.

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        No nutes till i get to 5 leaf is what ive been told. The yellow ones are gone. Both those were Bubblegum freebees. I get about a 50 % rate on seeds No matter where i get them. I figure it is what it is.

At least foliar spray with a 10% nute mix and add a bit to your medium every couple if days..that works really well fir me. I can't remember when I last lost a seedling.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

@Bluey: I heard alot on this forum about Foiliar spray so i picked this up. . Mix 2 teaspoonfuls per gallon. So 1 teaspoonful per gallon would be 50 % right before lights off in 2 or 3 day intervals. Would this be a good starting place.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds about right. I typically lift off the domes as soon as I see the condensation disappearing and give them a good spray....it also keeps the soil moist and doesn't disturb the coco like a watering does. Seedlings need nutes long before the 5th leaf...they need them at 1st leaf
          Edit. I just use regular nutes at 10%...pH'ed. Nothing fancy.
          Last edited by Bluey; 06-27-2023, 08:04 AM.

Got two peeking through the dirt.
        Attached Files

Comment

These Chiquita banana strains sure do take their time. I did ever think they were going to make it. The roots are amazingly dense. They have been above ground since 6/28. I cant seem to get these plants to get on with it. I'll switch to 12/12 and hope flower time is better. On to the next strain. Going to find one that grows well for me and stick with it. Onward
          Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            See the yellow one. It has had the same as the rest and stays yellow?

The color difference stayed till the end. Couple more weeks to fill in a little more. I had 2 out of 6 make it. Ive got alot better since then. LOL
          Attached Files

Comment

One finally finished. The other one has turned a scarlet color and is foxtailing a bit. No Amber color yet. Test time in a couple weeks. Dang that's a long time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Left the second one up. It turned a scarlet color and the trihcones have yet to go to amber.Some of the Trichones have a bit of red in them or it is a reflection of the suntan. Think this one got more light. It foxtailed. Supposed to be Chiquita Banana. It has been 18 1/2 weeks since pop from seed. I see some deterioration of sugar leaves. Think its time to harvest.???
              Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
                dirtymike commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats good to know SoOrbudgal. Its coming down tomorrow. All trichones are real frosty with no clear at all. Some of the top buds are pulling from the sugar leaves, second pic. Good sign its ripe??

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it looks like it from my view enjoy!!

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                You might well prefer white/cloudy trichomes to amber.

I think you'll be pretty happy with the effects.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X