No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's speeding up. The tall one had grown 6" in three days. Now 55" tall. I hung a net because I'm going to have to train it across the top if it keeps going. The other two probably have as many nodes just tighter spacing. The tall one had been the tall one ever since it was a seedling.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230713_201312068.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	4.72 MB
ID:	599816

Name:	20230524_084904.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	599817
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Holey moley must be that greenhouse they love it. I had a Jack Herer once that even hit the top of the greenhouse after i gave it a knuckle the center cola looked like a giant banana got mold in parts though. Mine are maybe 6ft probley go 7ft hopefully no taller but i'm gonna supercrop once in flower if i have late ripening plants a few are real shorties which i prefer.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I use mine for storage in the winter for my succulents and other perineals in pots.

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      @SoObudgal - well, I told you I wanted trees but your 15 gal pots were too big for me... I thought I'd get a little bit smaller with these 10 gallon bags. I'm definitely not complaining! I read the SC likes hot-tropical weather and that's what we've had so far. I hope the humidity goes down when the buds form. Notes say they (only) grow 6.5 to 7 feet outside I'm hopeful the netting keeps it in place. The basil seems to be suffering a bit inside but the other companion plants are loving it too.

I don't think I can keep it the cover on over the winter until climate change gets much worse. For now we're still seeing a couple of couple-of-feet snowfalls over the winters. Needs to come down Halloween and maybe back up late April or early May. Climate here not as good as yours.

The sun was out for one day, just one. Now the rain returns. Idk how they are growing with so little light.

Name:	20230713_123926.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	599866
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Sadly pond bastard did not make it. Was too far gone once I found her dug up. House bastards are doing great and in flower. Sprayed the small one with sts. Gonna make some baby bastard.....um ladies. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230714_161042678_HDR.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	599913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230714_161139732_HDR.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	599914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230714_161031237_HDR.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	599915 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230714_161543830.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	5.55 MB
ID:	599916
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for you loss dang critters

These are auto feminized plants. It's my 3rd grow and an experiment for me. I'm growing outdoors in a pretty humid area, and was wondering if the faster development of autos would minimize the opportunity for mold to set in.

The plant on the left is a 420 Fast Buds Banana Purple Punch. I'm a sap for marketing hype & fat bud photos and between all that and that the seeds were described as “start to finish in 56 days”, I was sold. This plant has no whiff of bananas or purple - all I get is a strong pine tar. This is day 70 now - two weeks past the rated day and probably another month to go.

The other two plants are Barney's Farm Dos Si Dos autos - rated at 70-75 days. I started these later - they're at day 42 and just starting to flower.

All are growing in 7-gallon fabric pots in FF Ocean Forest soil - except for one of the DSD. I ran out of the Fox Farms and used Miracle Grow potting soil cut in half with equal parts pearlite and vermiculite.
      I tortured them all with my first stab at LST. It probably helped the eventual yield....

Nutes are simple – Fox Farms Trio + their cal mag. And I had slapped some mycorrhizal soil additive on when I transferred to the fabric pots - because why not – there didn’t seem to be a downside to trying.

Outdoors in soil.
      3 Black Jack autos - Seed Supreme
      1 Durban Poison photo (F) - Seed Supreme

Comment

• WolfMansBrother
        WolfMansBrother commented
        Editing a comment
        Bluey - Would you recommend a liquid supplement or something solid like diatomaceous earth? Thanks!
        Rwise - Thanks again! It's so wet & humid here - LI, NY -- I'd be fanning and shaking 24/7. Will still keep it in mind - and fingers crossed too.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man i sure feel for you folks with outdoor high humidity. We are so flippin hot an dry here, i keep squirting water on my pots. Yes i shake the plants also when the rains come.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a liquid silica supplement @WolfMansBrother

Any benefit from silica can only really be obtained in the plant if it is soluble and silica is a tough one to get into the plant that way and it can cause other problems. The order and way it is mixed is critical to avoiding problems and getting it to work.

I am not that familiar with diatomacious earth. Sure it's silica but is it soluble? It's questionable it's effectiveness re pest control but I think it probably works a bit for some pests in some circumstances.

Chocolate Thai, autoflowering, white widow and sour diesel photos. Things are looking good so far. First time I seriously LSTd and it's paying benefits
      Last edited by BlueRondo; 07-15-2023, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome aboard BlueRondo beautiful garden you have going. So far we have no problems but were only midway through our grows. I too have 4 autos in flower and 7 photos getting tall ala natural christmas trees LOL. No bugs so far that i can see but i also sprayed the photos for prevention. It's mid Aug. when flowering starts maybe sooner that i worry now about catipillars/moth that's hatching. Watch for brown looking small areas that act like bud rot where those critters enter.

Thanks, actually spotted one this morning. Been spraying the BT and Neem oil. Hate see things go up in rot at the end

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember, no neem oil on those buds!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir i go out with toothpicks and stab them mofo's if you see one unfortunitly they'll be more as i've learned. I've seen nothing on my flowering autos yet X my fingers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230716-113837_INKredible.jpg Views:	2 Size:	725.3 KB ID:	600192
      Got a little more tech for the greenhouse. I have my fuzzy canna-cam running. The picture is awful but the signal reaches thei house so I can see if the girls need water. Which they do every day about a gallon with the heat we have. I give nutes one day then plain water the next. I got the IR thermometer but am not paying attention to it's readings until I can figure out how to calibrate it. I also picked up two clip on fans summer sale at Big Lots for $8 USD same part number as $25 fans at Amazon. Stretch has slowed, little height but much activity at the bud sites.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20230716_083133.jpg Views:	2 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	600190
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230715_175218597~2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	670.9 KB ID:	600191
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230715_175353379~3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	600193
      Last edited by 90Gizmo; 07-16-2023, 06:39 PM.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought a few of those cigar oasis calibre IV hygrometers...they are about 20 bucks each and probably the most accurate fir humidity and temp you can find for under 500 bucks. They can also be popped into jars to monitor the cure easier. You can use them to calibrate your environmental monitor/s if your using automation.

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the looks of the Oasis and put one in my cart. But I meant I have to do something like bury a thermometer under some leaves and let that temperature stabilize then shoot it with the IR... something like that to make sure the sensors are measuring the same thing. But there's probably nothing I can do about VPD until it gets cool enough to use a heater. I do want some automatic watering though. I think I can give nutes by hand then use a timer method like you do for the in between waterings.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        You can't mix nutes into your tank..calculate the dose for every water..then you can go away for a few days or even a week or so

My last two photos going for now. Another 2" of rain this am. No signs of wpm yet. Just awful conditions for growing. Dew pts in the upper 70s for weeks. 1 day of sun an 2-3 days of crazy rain. Gelato photo on the left is getting a little too tall. The GG4 on the right is a little too bushy. After losing two to bud rot in June, kinda losing the drive to even make it till October. Thinking of setting up the tent and running the two scarlets I lost to bud rot indoors. The Runtz smelled so good before I lost it even my wife liked it.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had over 3 years of that here.

Before that we had wildfires that burnt out more than 12 million hectares after a prolonged draught that broke heat records as well.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I really undersand the motivational drive. I get that feeling midway through like now. All i do is think " free light " i do my best to keep them healthy. This is gonna be my last type of grow with this many plants outdoor. Yes i'll do outdoor but not this many anymore, going to focus on fall/winter indoor from now on. So don't feel bad about it Bowhunterwoody i do know the yuck feeling of commiting all the time to these plants an caring for them. After 40yrs it's getting to be more of a drag and " jail " for me. Gotta say my outdoor Runtz and Grape are doing excellent but taking much longer to finish. I'll take pics later and post them.

First time growing in coco and perlite and I’m never going any other way. I’ve done hydro, soil, super soil and for shits and giggles tried one in root farm hydro mix (which I really don’t get as it doesn’t seem to be soilless so would consider it soil not hydro). The coco plant is blowing everything away. Feed every 2 days with general hydro nutes and calimag and flush every second watering. I’m 6’4 and it’s as tall as me and just started flowering. Outdoor grow in Saskatchewan Canada but bring the girls in when we are getting storms (we are on the northern tip of tornado alley so get some nasty ones). 10g fabric pots. She’s a Bluedream from Canuck seeds.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful soon might want to add some bamboo supports for when those colas start to build. Mine are also in the preflower stage. I hope your weather doesn't force you to go indoors too much cause they really need all the sun they can get. Good for you for taking on the challange in the far north, it ain't for the weak farmers in your area. Good luck keep us posted.

• Izzie1701
        Izzie1701 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I’m hoping I can keep them outside till there finished. It’s still 35C here and should stay that way for at least 6 more weeks. Freezing over night usually starts in later sept. I have a green house if need be I’ll toss into later in the season and I’ll move it into the garage over night if it gets bellow 5C at night. We can still hit high 30C in sept.

It’s hard to see but there’s a tomato ring everything’s tied to. I’m hoping that should support the kolas. If not I’ll defiantly toss some bamboo shoots in there.

There is sun today! So this has turned out to be an experiment of sorts. One plant is not topped or trained, one is topped only and one is manifolded. I have removed the bottom leaves and increased nitrogen and calmag. They are doing much better. But now I am fighting two marked tree hoppers. Turns out there was a bittersweet nearby that was infested. The bitter was removed and now they are all looking for an alternate home. They don't mind being picked off usually and once picked a quick roll in the fingers does them in. Sometimes they fly away. Yesterday I was chasing them with a hand held bug zapper. Today I notice that all the zapps caused by the leaf tips have resulted in the tips now dying. Now I am trying the water vacuum. This is tedious and can cause damage to the leaves if not careful. Any other options? I was thinking ladybugs. I'm not sure there is enough plant to provide them with a home so they stick around.

Name:	20230719_105600.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	4.67 MB
ID:	600310

Name:	20230714_150752 E.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	600311

Name:	20230718_112723E.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	600312
      Now there are nymphs and web/cocoon.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Praying mantis may help with these, as with all predator bugs get them established and they will do their job year after year. I found a tiny Praying mantis on 1 of my plants a few days ago, often see Lady bugs visiting.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Praying mantis are formidable foes and also love to eat bees. In my outdoor grows one of my companion plants was lavender and they loved them for their hunting. Just watching the way they disposed of bees by biting their heads off was the stuff of horror movies.
        My go to defences for bugs was your method of hand picking and also shaking them and soapy water sprays but I never saw half the bugs I am seeing here, probably more to do with my eyes.
        One thing I had in abundance was different varieties of garden spiders. I never removed them unless they were laying spidery nest eggs on the leaves. Some would tightly weave around a leaf to make like a protective cocoon with the leaf. I didn't like those ones.
        Last edited by Bluey; 07-19-2023, 03:48 PM.

i have 4 growing in Oregon this year Bruce Banner, Apple Fritter, Sugar Cookie and Greasy Runtz started under led from Fem seed

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Bitchin welcome Oregon neighbor. I'm loving your grow. It's hot but tolerable supposed to cool down by 20degrees by next week, i welcome it. Let these gals get a break. Hope your not smokey where your at, we had a bit from the Agness fire but thankfully not nothing like years past.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Mice work 👍

• alottabaloo
        alottabaloo commented
        Editing a comment
        nice looking plants!! mine are also outdoor but I'm using tomato cages to help shape them

Goodmorning outdoor growers. Took some morning pics of my autos which are getting closer to the finish line. I've noticed some leaf hoppers but little else so i'm counting my blessings for a healthy finish with these gals. Gave them all a long drink last evening of water. They are all getting plenty of full day sun and part shade in late afternoon. It's in the 90's today in So. Oregon got fires south of me but the smoke is minimal so far. Seems to be more " stupid " humans than mother natures fault creeps in the woods. Take care stay hydrated. Oh sorry these are 2 sweet tooth, 1 scarlet grape, 1 scarlet runtz courtsy of G2F peace out !!
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Two windstorms this week. The first one pushed the greenhouse a foot to the side. Everything got knocked over on the one side. Luckily my plants were on the other and they were unharmed. Yesterday another was forecast to come through so I found something heavy to hold one of the bottom pipes down. It worked. I have to use wide angle setting to get everything in one shot now. Things are still growing nicely, even the marigolds and tomatoes are adding blooms. I've been doing some LST on the top of Mt. Ganja so I can keep it out of the net as long as possible. I like to turn the plants every day and training the top should keep that going. I used a wrench to get the initial bend in the top now I'm fine tuning it with batteries. The tops are starting to show how the colas will form. Looks nice. I finally got a water sensor and it's very nice. A few days use tells me they need water when the sensor reads 40. Now I have a basis for automated watering. RSN.

Name:	PXL_20230721_164842488.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	4.46 MB
ID:	600458 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230721_165003817.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	5.02 MB
ID:	600457 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230718_141705275.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	600455 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230721_164923970~2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	600456 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230721_164940314.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	600454

Name:	PXL_20230718_200827941.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	600460 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230720-130747_Tuya Smart.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	600459
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Everyones plant are looking good, and so far along.
          My 4 Green Thai are just out of the nursery inside, and finished getting hardened off outside
          I was late out of the gate but I still have 15 hours of daylight so I’m hoping the grow to a good size before the days are short enough to trigger flowering.
          I wont have time for another week, but I’ll up pot to 15g fabric from the 3s their in and move them to the roof with bluemat system for water.
          They are in Black Swallow soils KIS living soil blend.
          Fingers crossed for girls, they are regular seeds.
          KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
          Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
          Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
          Maybe some compost teas
          Blumat watering system
          Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
          3x4x6’ tent
          Photontek 465wpro
          6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
          Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

I have found yet another bug, green small and it jumps like a grasshopper, but it digs in and cuts the end of the bud off. I killed 1, smashed to green slim, but another got away damn things are fast. Also have some spots to deal with on those in flower. Oh and I topped the 8 Ball Kush cut of about 18".

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like there coming along well Rwise. What's this i'm reading about some sort of amusement park Oklahoma is creating something to rival rip off disneyland? Is it being built in tornado ally ?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I have heard something about a new Disney style park, as the the twisters, thats what insurance is for, anything in OK is in the line of fire!

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Ran PH tests this morn, ranging from 6.9 - 7.2 added pelleted sulfur to buffer that back down.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X