No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This girl has set on nicely, but due to bud worms it is time for a chop! This is my own cross tween Greasy Grapes X Wet Teddy Bear (another of my crosses). The other girl in this bed is the same and just taking her time.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey those look good to me Rwise. I think i'd take bud worms over mold any day, rather have neither but it's our curse for growing outdoors. I've not had any sign of worms yet on my small buds but i know some will show up as the buds plump up. We have rain in the forcast tommorrow not sure how much we'll get if anything.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I try to let them go as long as I can, but when they start growing less because of the worms, it's time to chop!

Good morning outdoor growers it's cloudy/overcast and smokey. The specks you see on the bud shots are not thrips/bugs but ash from fires, it's falling all over our town. I've been shaking the branches seems to help. I'm not going to do " bud wash " it's not like real thick it's just annoying to me like dust in the house . Anyhow we are a good 3wks in on the flowering fed them Tiger Bloom this a.m. which i'm gonna run out of within the next 2 feedings then it's molasses only in the water. I have purchased Dyna Grow an Bloom for the next indoor run i like that much more than other one. The MJ like the cooler temps as all my plants do it's given them a boost.
    Suppose to get some rain starting tomorrow i hope. I can place 2 smaller plants inside the greenhouse and place the others under the patio if needed. I don't mind if they get just sprinkles but sure as heck don't want showers for hours on them. I hate mold more than bud worms. Which i've seen neither as of yet. Got some really pretty colored zinnias this year and my dahliahs are doing great they love the fall.

I just read that the US tennis open in NY the courts and surrounding arenas " smell like Snoop Dogs living room " LOL what a hoot gotta love it. Skunky Funky.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you have one ir two too many SoOrbudgal ?

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      3 over Bluey i've had old reg. seeds for many years that's all i use to grow. Thought i'd just chance and it happens all 3 were fems. These seeds i got from someone years ago said they were dutch dope that's all i know. Probley some skunk of some sort. I'm done taking these chances, i did'nt think all would be fems what's the odds? I don't even know if i'll grow even 4 next summer.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks like a lot of work!
      Looking good.

Sunset thru the plants. Looked better in person. Sun for the next seven days. I'll believe it when it happens. Feeding a little more nitrogen but still yellowing fans. Losing 5-10 fans a day per plant. Wondering if all the rain we've been having has been too acidic. Next storm I'll check the pH on the rain water. They seem to be doing well otherwise. Stacking well.

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they're looking fine! Many more fan leaves than mine for sure.
      Yes, a beautiful stretch of weather ahead. Although it was a bit windy yesterday,
      I had one plant blow over, luckily no damage. It's getting top heavy plus the small containers don't have much weight to them to
      anchor the plant down. A season of trials and tribulations!
      The timing of some decent weather couldn't be better as we're in the key weeks of explosive bud growth.
      I can see daily growth now, my favorite time in the growing cycle. I'm dosing full strength bloom nutes, plus a growth(N) nute kicker
      Last edited by GreenState; 08-31-2023, 05:46 AM.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful news. Surprisingly cooler temps down in the 80's did help recover my plants from heat stress. Me too giving a tad bit of 20-20-20 with bloom feeds and buds are swelling daily. I don't have " hand size" fan leaves anymore and i'm loosing secondary leafs more and more daily. Nice not to have to trim as much LOL. Today we may get some rain so i'll be moving mine under cover but they'll still get light.

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenState. I've had my plants blow over off their tables on the deck in the past. Now I wire them to the railing. Funny, yesterday I had 2 jalapeno plants blow off the table and lose a few branches. Lost about two dozen peppers. Enough for a batch of poppers though. Now those plants are wired up too. SoOrbudgal, wish I could cover mine somehow. I've got an easy-up but it's way too big for the deck. Might have to come up with something. They're too big and heavy to be carrying up and down the stairs every time it rains. The deck gets about 3 hrs more sun.

It's sprinkling right now i put them under my 14x14 patio that has polycarbonate roof. Every year it's getting harder on me to drag 15gal pots around. Yes i have a cart but i gotta lift them mofo's an i'm not taking that chance so i drag them 50ft LOL. Not sure about how much rain we'll get hopefully enough to help with the fires we've got several within 25mi and closer to our town. easy-up is what i've used in the past Bowhunterwoody but even that is hard for me by myself. I'm leaving today with my pups for a family visit up north I need some family right now

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Drizzling here in socal! RH is 91%. Took an close look at sleepy Joe and saw some nice trichomes starting to show. Also found 1 speckled leaf. Not sure what it is. Any thoughts?

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        The speckles look like they could be from thrips? The trichomes on the sugar leaves make it clear of the importance to keep that trim. The recent humidity here in SoCal has kept me on my toes looking for any mold issues. So far, so good.

The gorilla glue have really filled out. I've had to build a system of guidewires at about 5-6' to help them support the weight. Right around 5 and half weeks flowering nearest I can tell. Probably be a Mabon harvest
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        GG#4 was outstanding outdoors last summer grow but man was it a trim nightmare get 2 pairs of scissors and have the iso ready in a jar to soak them in LOL it's so sticky

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what am talking about! Keep us posted on these monsters

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        How big are those pots?! They look tiny but yet such monsters 💪🏻

I had a volunteer spring out of my tea plant from the compost I added, I'm pretty sure it's one of my orange Skittles crosses because it was very fast flowering. Until about a week ago, it was mostly in the shade because of the tea plant, so maybe it's flowering early because of the shade, either way I'm happy about it. The bigger plant is taller than me, it is sour diesel crossed with my orange Skittles. I predict that it will end like most photoperiod plants I grow in my backyard, that is, Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230905_020226962.MP.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	603726 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230905_020241814.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	603725 covered in but rot and dumped into the compost bin.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Bummer it's so hard to grow in shaded areas i use to chase the sun around my yard but not much now.

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        If one did not chase the sun, would that induce the plant to bloom sooner?

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question CKbrew.

The transition we are told is determined by the period of continuous darkness, which is relative to the length of continuous light and total length of a day.

So if the above is correct then no, but if what we are told above is only somewhat correct and DLI plays a role then maybe it can.

The heat and humidity are back with vengeance. Trying to keep them dry from the heavy night dew. Day temps in the 90, 80% humidity. night 70 and 100%. Everything is soaked in the morning. I have setup a box fan to try and keep the dew of the plants. They are growing some genuine flowers and they are looking good and smelling great. Nothing like the smell of fresh flowering cannabis in the morning. The race is on. Who will win? The buds, the cold, the rot. Trying to keep them dry. Some night pix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230905_212008EA.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	603848

Name:	20230905_215350A.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	603849

The remaining solo, still competing.

Name:	20230905_215405A.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	603850
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Ckbrew " Nothing like the smell of fresh flowering cannabis in the morning"

I keep thinking to myself, hey, I smell weed!

Name:	IMG_4851.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	7.24 MB
ID:	603864

"That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

• Franklin
          Franklin commented
          Editing a comment
          Those the great man, what's your approximate latitude? Yours are so much further along than mine, living up north makes for some seriously delayed buds

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Bowhunterwoody Your plants are looking very good! Looks like one more day of sunshine and then another week of
          sub par weather. Was nice while it lasted.
          Franklin Morning Franklin my latitude is at approx. 43 degrees N. @ 1800ft of elv.
          It's been a rainy, brutal growing season here!

Just as the sun reaches them. Yellowing continues. Hope they have a leaf or two at the end. Humid as hell with heavy dew every morning. Rain starts again Friday with a chance every day next week. Still trying to figure out a way to fit the easy up on the deck and still get a little sun. I think the bud rot is inevitable. They do smell great!
        Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 09-06-2023, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenState. Yea the weather has really helped. Think I'm going to move them out into the yard with an ez-up. Checked yesterday and still get 6 1/2 hrs there. Just going to suck moving them under the ez-up when it rains, which looks like every day after Friday. Not a good year up here but you just gotta deal with it. The plants look really good and smell amazing considering what they've been through. They're a little top heavy and I'm going to have to stake and un-stake them to move them. Next year I'm going to have to manage the hight better.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Bowhunterwoody Just saw my 7 day forecast, no rain on Tuesday! Some strong storms came through here last night around 8:00.
          Glad plants were inside, had some very strong winds. Might get one more OK day here today, but that's about it.

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenState. Yea I saw those storms up your way. They missed us. Ours start this afternoon. Yes maybe one day of sun Tuesday! Week after looks better if we can get thru this one.

Well another week has passed still no signs of worms i keep checking maybe i'll get lucky who knows. Anyway weather is beautiful sky is clear the last rain took out the major fires or helped anyway. These gals were all given a gallon of unsulferated molasses water only this a.m. I'm going to run out of bloom food and not buying anymore for this summer outdoor grow. They'll get 1 more feeding of it then it's just water when they need it. Time for them to fend off themselves. I'm really pleased with these smaller strains of indica hybreds but sad about that freak show. I've seen other grows of her in other forum pics an i sure did'nt do justice by my growing her.
        Weather is perfect all rest of the week and weekend in the 80's overnights in the 50's no rain for the next 7days. I had hoped for a least 2 being harvested by end of Sept. but it looks doubtful. I'm able to cram those first 3 into that little greenhouse if it rains and the rest under the patio awning. Peace out an enjoy nature

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Some nice bulky buds you have going there. Hopefully the improved weather will help you along.
          A weeks worth of sunshine here made a big difference.--but that's ending soon

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i have sprayed BT Franklin

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Fantastic weather here were having. Mid 80's breeze no rain in site. My colas are filling in nicely, gave them some molassess few days ago with the watering and i believe it did plump them buds up. They are all going to get the last bloom feed tomorrow morning then it's water from the hose an unsulferated Molassess till croptober. Maybe looking better to harvest a couple prior to Oct. Things are changing fast now for a change. Leaf fades an some colorful ones. Smells are just wonderful outdoors and no damn catipillar sign yet.

I just noticed this other volunteer plant from my worm compost. I guess. It's pretty funny, it has a stem that's about 4 ft long and bent horizontal along the ground Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230906_230846937.MP.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	603922 underneath the squash plant. Poor little girl.

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          We used to do that back in the day, lol. After the popo got wise to the corn field plots and sent in the choppers and cops on horesback to survey the fields we resorted to tying them down in whatever field we could find in rows. Had to get them in early though. I think most of it ended up being harvested long before we ever got back to it.

Well the plants are still alive, starting to fill out. Im still adding N to every water cause the fish poop just isnt cutting it. They almost roasted in the driveway yesterday, were looking pretty stressed from the heat but they rebounded pretty well. I know i should have used much bigger pots but they have to be moved several times a day so it is what it is. At least my neighbour isn't growing any healthy male plants this year.. maybe i wont have 65 thousand seeds this harvest. fingers crossed.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Bluey, i contemplated buying one of those carts when i laid the flagstone patio...didnt, but sure wish i had. I do have a nice wagon but thats more work than just picking them up and carrying them. I would leave them in the driveway(perfectly legal here), but i have to deal with the ongoing threat of dirty rotten scumbag crackheads stealing everything that isnt bolted down.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't do my heavy work without my cart. I had a neighbor fella lift 50# sacks of pea gravel into the cart for a down spout drain i redug. I can lift but i don't if i don't have too. 30lbs is about my max i do anymore. homegrown the more indica dominant the strain the 15gal pot still only grows 6ft. And i don't feed them for a couple months cause i blend my own light fluffy soils with worm casings an composted grass clippings things like that. I'm doing some now in a tote with a lid cooking away in my greenhouse.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          When outdoors in the sun best not to sit the pots on concrete or asphalt as the temps will get much higher than ambient and try and cook your roots. Black pots in the sun not great either. Terracotta works well as it breathes and allows the pot to transpire and self cool.

Playing the plant shuffle. T-storms are chasing them into the barn. Time for the light and boom show.

Name:	20230908_160324.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	604123
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Boy those sure look good Ckbrew i love watching those storms but the damn lightning has been hitting the forests here badly. Today is a smoke free day cause the wind is blowing in a different direction.

Certainly seems like the girls are later this year. I only intended to have one Straberry Cough outdoors , but a couple of cuttings meant for someone else became surplus ( the recipient lost house to forest fires), so i grew em. Looking good to me so far. I had a little 6 by 8 greenhouse that I finally asembled to see if i can get the Strawberry cough and Top 30% to finish. the Tropicana Poison Fast has proven to not be a strong strain so if she makes it, will be ued in tinctures. Good Luck to all in this weird weather summer. strawberry cough in background is the one from seed.
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• Bootsy
          Bootsy commented
          Editing a comment
          oh yeah. I noticed mold starting at places where i thinned out leaves early on. I always wondered in the past if the wounds would lead to rot more so than leaving thicker and am leaning towards not defoliating. nothing will be proven, but I am not doing any leaf removal other than the ones that die and dry - outdoors.

• Smallgrow
          Smallgrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel like my plants are late to flower too. Where abouts are you in Canada @Bootsy?
          Not sure why their late. Genetics , but weather too, who knows

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X